I found this...

Anachron

I just found this Atlas turnout
#2700 Remote turnout w/Switch Machine + switch
for only 9.49$ :eek:
and I need to know if these are for real..? :confused:
or are these just some worthless crap made in Taiwan ? :p

any info about Atlas turnouts would be gladly apriciated before I buy a whole bunch of these :D

Anachron

ok I will :)
this is how the package looks like

AT-2700.JPG

jon-monon

My mistake, I was thinking HO :D You price beats mail order:

http://www.1stplacehobbies.com/trac...d+Co.&keys=&walthers=&pl=&ph=&sp=1&cp=1&lid=0

I have one of these I use for HOn30 and I was impressed with the quality. Mines the mechanical version and I like it. It's the only Atlas that I've ever left the machine on, as it's quite small in HOn30. Some people don't care for Atlas switch machine appearance. I hear you can swap left and right and mount under the roadbed, but I've never tried it.

I think Dick (absnut) has a lot of these and likes them. If he doesn't chime in you might PM him or catch him in chat.

jon-monon

Elaberating

It's a very sturdy little thing, even after I cut out half the ties. I am impressed by the precision and sturdyness of the points, compared to HO Atlas.

Anachron

ok thats nice :)

Don what did you think about them ?

and the curved part what is that for?
is it when the turnout have broken apart and you have throwed it away you can replace it with the curved part so you can at least run somthing? :D :D :D

Clerk

Don, I ordered 12 Atlas Remote Switches from Standard Hobby and am pretty satisfied with them. .. Two of them were to replace 2 Atlas switches I got from my LHS that went bad..I have a total of 26 Atlas remote switches and the only thing I don't like about them is the looks and placement of the switch motor.

RailRon

Anachron, when you add the curved track to the diverging route (curving to the right of course), you get the same direction like the straight route through the turnout. That's the easiest way to build a parallel siding to the main route with sectional track.

On the package it says 'Made in the USA' - soooo, nix Taiwan! :D BTW: There is also good stuff coming from Taiwan - but perhaps not model RR turnouts... ;)

Ron

ezdays

Out AZ way
Originally posted by Anachron
ok thats nice :)

Don what did you think about them ?
Well, I bought a bunch of Life Like turnouts from a LHS that was selling them for under $10. Most of them either fell apart or had open circuits and there was no power to the rails. I have since replace almost all of them with the Atlas ones from Standard hobby and have yet to have any problems that I did not create myself. :rolleyes: :eek: I got them for less money, no sales tax to pay either.:)

Don