I finally decided what road to run

neb1211

Aug 6, 2004
Wisconsin
www.maximumcpu.net
Well after a lot of thought about what road to run I finally decided to run Wisconsin Central. Wisconsin Central (now owned by CP or CN. cant't remember) has a yard and intermodel terminal in town and it will be easy for me to get the car layout correct if I ever decide to go that far. Last week and part of this week the local hobby store was having a sale and I picked up the followingL

Wisconsin Central SW 1200 Powered Cow - Con cor - $29 on sale
Wisconsin Central GP40 Decoder Ready - Atlas - $79 on sale
Railbox Box car - Conductor's Choice - $1.19 on sale
48ft JB Hunt container - Walthers - $2.98 on sale

I know some of you would like pictures so I will post some pics as soon as I find my digital camera. Also I still haven't forgot to post pics of my layout. I have yet to get it setup at my mom's house.

neb1211

Aug 6, 2004
Wisconsin
www.maximumcpu.net
Here are some pictures of what I picked up

WC-GP40-3007.jpg

WCswitcher.jpg

railbox.jpg

I still don't have any pictures of the layout because I have yet to get it moved to my mom's house. To answer your question steamer, the layout is about 7ft x 3ft (that is a rough estimate).

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Good choice of roads! I live very near the junction of the Withrow Subdivision and the Minnesota Commercial RR and get to see WC trains all the time. Love that switcher in the pic above!
Ralph

simonf

Sep 19, 2004
that's some great lookin paint. the switcher is a beaut! i need one of these
biggrin.gif
can't wait to see those rolling on your layout.

neb1211

Aug 6, 2004
Wisconsin
www.maximumcpu.net
Well right now the railbox box car is the just about the only piece of rolling stock that I have right now. Most of the rolling stock that my dad had was damaged during the move. The box that is was in unfortunatly shifted and was crushed :(