I claims this planet in the name of Mars!

BazookaJo

surfduke said:
It seems that one can't be a master builder, (and have a good Digital Camera). Myself included!!!

Carl

Hi Carl

Could be....

Mine's an cr@ppy Olympus Camedia (more like Comedian), which takes naff pics unless you use the flash which seems to require about the same amount of power as is required to start a flux capicitor so you get about 10 pics on a fresh set of Duracells - :shock: shocking!

P

paulhbell

i had a ricoh rdc300z digital camera with a 'large' 2 mg memory card. i had it for about 5 or 6 years and it finally gave up on me this year. mine was the same with batteries. i am going to borrow my sisters tomorrow so i can take photos of this build. this will be my 15th paper model, after converting ftom plastic models about 4 months ago. this will be my first photo build, so bare with me on this one.
as for being a master builder, i don't get paid for what i build but i have been building models for over 30 years. a few models i have made include various plastic kits (sci-fi, boats, aircraft, buildings etc). i also build radio control boats, which include a 1/96 scale hms cornwall from sirmar model boats. this i plan on converting to 1/200 scale to build in card. this will be my next project after marvin.
as for not being a 'master builder' i did not know a person needed a camera to be one. so if anyone disagrees with me building marvin, i will delete the files and bazookajo can pass them onto someone else. thanks for reading and sorry for being so blunt.

R

rickstef

I think the camera crack was just that, a crack, nothing serious meant by that.

keep building, and keep in mind, no one here claims to be a master builder, now that we hoist that mantle on others, that is normal

Rick

SURFDUKE2001

Kartonmodellbauer
I was just joking!

I was just making a joke, about how we all have camera trouble. It just seems like it goes south on you, when you want most to show-off. I think it is the Gods trying to keep us, from getting to full of it. Sorry, if my joke came across wrong. It was in now why meant to raise myself, (our others), above anyone else, (In model efforts).

Carl
"Going to a corner, to put on the hat!"

BazookaJo

paulhbell said:
as for not being a 'master builder' i did not know a person needed a camera to be one. so if anyone disagrees with me building marvin, i will delete the files and bazookajo can pass them onto someone else. thanks for reading and sorry for being so blunt.

SurfDuke was just making an observation that there's probably about 3 guys on this entire forum with a decent camera:grin: (maybe we should club together).

If you have a decent camera and can be bothered taking some shots, that would be cool, otherwise don't worry about it.

As for being a master builder, my buillding abilities are downright laughable at times - it's that damn glue, it gets everywhere:mad: . But hey I'm having fun so who cares.

Also, if you're new to paper modelling that's excellent - I can get some great feedback from someone approching this from fresh i.e. if you struggle with some of the instructions then I may need to elaborate here and there - I'd have done more pics but there wasn't much point with the Cr@pCam 4000.

As for your boats - do you do all that awful priming/sanding etc.. (it's why I chose paper) - If so, I have a styrene model I'm trying to finish, and could seriously do with some tips....

Regards

Paul.

P

paulhbell

ok. as i stated in my last post, sorry for being blunt.
As for the camera, I will have my sister's camera from tomorrow.

I will finish the f117 over the weekend, so marvin will be 'born' on monday. I would like to get it finished for christmas, so that gives me a week build time.

The instructions you have included are great, there is nothing wrong with them. But i use a small tamiya paint brush to apply the white glue.

As for the boats, i usually get kit's from sirmar. These are fibreglass hulls with white metal fitting's. They come with really good plans. Yes I use styrene for above decks, I just use a really fine wet and dry (not sandpaper). I get this from car spares dealers, it's cheaper than the model shops.
I have stopped the big boats for now because i have moved house and the misses will not let me test them in the new bath.
Plastic kits are getting to expensive thats why i have moved to card and i find that i am enjoying building them more.

BazookaJo

The instructions you have included are great, there is nothing wrong with them. But i use a small tamiya paint brush to apply the white glue.

Is that PVA? Will this be strong enough?

You need a really good bond on some of the parts, but I've never used PVA myself so it might be fine.

Always used Evostick Resin W Wood Glue (after very bad early experiences with UHU).

Anyway, thanks for the sanding tips (will probably PM you later on this)

Regards

Paul.

P

paulhbell

uhu is a no go. i have some laminate wood floor glue which i tried on the first few card models i made. that is strong stuff, if think i will have a go at using that on this.

BazookaJo

Marvin Beta build thread started

Just a quick note to let any of the Marvin test builders know that B-Manic has started a build thread if any of you wish to view or contribute to it.

Regards

Paul.

bugman72

How close are you to having a public release? I would have joined the bandwagon on the beta build, but the holiday season has me by the bootstraps, time-wise.

Oh, and Bazooka...I have one word consisting of two characters for you....K-9! That would be the icing on the cake for me!

BazookaJo

bugman72 said:
How close are you to having a public release? I would have joined the bandwagon on the beta build, but the holiday season has me by the bootstraps, time-wise.

Oh, and Bazooka...I have one word consisting of two characters for you....K-9! That would be the icing on the cake for me!

As long as there are no nasty surprises on the Betas (actually more like Cetas), I will put it on the web as soon as I get 3 successfull builds (which looks like it could be well before the new year at the speed those guys are building).

Regards

Paul.

P

paulhbell

I thnk marvin is a popular guy, that's why we are building fast. Although I can't keep up with the other builders.

BazookaJo

Kit Now Available Online!!!

Ah bugrit!!

Model and instructions are now available for download at http://www.bazookajo.me.uk

Merry Christmas one and all - and god bless Tiny Tim:grin:

P.S. I have problems viewing the kit online - I get error : "Error Reading Linearized Hint Data" - If I right click and save file it's fine?!?!?

If anyone else has the same problem (or a solution) let me know.

BazookaJo

Kit Now Available Online!!!

Ah bugrit!!

Model and instructions are now available for download at http://www.bazookajo.me.uk

Merry Christmas one and all - and god bless Tiny Tim:grin:

P.S. I have problems viewing the kit online - I get error : "Error Reading Linearized Hint Data" - If I right click and save file it's fine?!?!?

If anyone else has the same problem (or a solution) let me know.