I be away for a while.

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
Permit me to extend my deepest heart felt symathies.

I pray you and your mother find comfort in good memories and the love of one an other.

Gil Finn

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Also my condolences to you and your mom and your whole family.
This is a hard time for both of you. I hope that your visit with her will help to comfort her.

Ron

Thanks Guys , I am back at home and my mother has had 2 years to prepare herself but you just never know the day. He died almost instantly and without pain and at home with a loving wife and with his wishes to be carried out , of no service or funeral. Although he is not in the house , somehow it was a comfortable feeling knowing he was at peace and not tormented by his deteriorating mental and physical state. He had wanted to die for months and had actually searched for his guns , but my mom had already hidden them from him. He also had told my mom he had a one on one talk with god and seemed to be content with that as well.
I prefer to remember him as the man who used to wake me as a teenager on a hot summer day to take a 100 mile weekend trip to some out of the way Civil War fort here in New Mexico to dig and sift dirt for days on end to recover a hand full of uniform buttons he could hold them in his hand and dream back to the days when that soldier stood in that spot and looked accross the same mesa's and beat a living out of the harsh desert.
Now he can be with those soldier boys .
Mike & Robin

screen

Aug 18, 2005
Sterling, Illinois
This is hard but family will help to make it better - talk about the funny times and extend his time here with memories - my prayers and thoughts are with you and yours!