I am looking for particular SDF-1 model

James_Richards

I completed ThuderChild's SDF-1 from Robotech, and I've seen pictures of paper models for the SDF from Macross Do You Remember Love. The difference is it has two A.R.M.E.D platforms instead of the Prometheus and Daedalus carriers attached.

Does anyone know where I can find a printable set? If not, a couple prints that match in scale and I can try and 'hack' it myself.

Not sure if this is the right spot as there is no section for requests that I can find. Unless I'm an idiot. That's always a possibility.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
This is a good spot, but I personally do not know where to find what your looking for. I am posting just to bump the thread. :)

legal01

I ave also searched mightily for this model but have never been able to find it. The only place it is available for a price is a certain pirate website but I wont guarantee that version.

James_Richards

If the version available is being sold without owner's consent, no. Won't go for it. There is a reason the creator did not put it up for sale int he first place, and to take it and sell it as if you developed it I think is wrong. So, yeah. Won't be going that far. I have been spending time looking for A.R.M.D platforms that might fit the scale, but they do not exist and the one I did find is rather large and low on detail. I'm beginning to think this is becoming a kit-bash scenario... -_- grrr

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
It's nice to hear people make ethical comments. A pleasure actually. ;)

James_Richards

Yup. I firmly believe int he golden rule and so far, it has served me well.

Besides, I know what it feels like. I had some assets stolen and put into a game, for sale, with no permission from me, nor a cut for the effort. My unfortunate self lost everything when I went homeless, hard drive too. No way to press legal action. But they couldn't even be bothered to find and remove the digital watermark in a texture file. That is ball-zie

So...I think I found an ARMD that might work. I will build one and see if I like the detail, see if it matches ThunderChild's model. If it works, I'll speak to ThunderChild about releasing a modified set of sheets so others can enjoy it.

I just had a thought... a shelf of different versions...like shelf full of ships named Enterprise... hmmmm....

legal01

If you need I have a ARMD in vector which i haven't got round to test building yet. If you are interested let me know.
Now a shelf of Enterprise.......... better get building!