I am coming to the Dallas, Tx.

t-whistler

area, Garland to be exact, on the East side of Dallas.
I will be there on Jan. 5th through 8th. Friday-Monday.
Does anyone know of any interesting places to visit:
Hobby shops, club layouts, home tours, swap meets etc.
I would appreciate any information you have to share.
thumbsup.gif
I appreciate this forum and all the information it
has and the willingness to share it with anyone that asks.

Happy New Year to all.
wave.gif

Del

Gary S.

It seems we have no one from Dallas here. I'm from Houston, don't know much about the hobby scene in Dallas, but I will give you a hearty "Welcome to Texas!"

Now, there is a train show at the GRB Convention center here in Houston on Jan 7th I believe.

Gary

I'm from north of Dallas about 65 miles but am familiar with that area since I grew up near Garland and still shop and railfan near there. A great hobby shop is Discount Model Railroads in Addison, another surburb of Dallas about 6 miles west of Garland. Take I-635 west to Inwood Road and go north. After a few miles it changes its name to Addison Road when you cross Beltline Road. Continue north until you pass the Addison Airport on the left. Two blocks north of the light at Keller Springs you take a left on Ratliff(sp), about half a block on the right in a warehouse-looking building. Sorry I don't have the exact address or phone number. You could also take Beltline Road from Garland if you're familiar with the area. Trainwatching...KCS runs through Garland and has a big yard east of Garland in Wylie off State Highway 78. Most of their line runs parallel to highway 78, within 50', so railfanning is pretty hassle-free. Don't know the density anymore.

t-whistler

:wave: Thanks and again I say THANK YOU for the info I recieved. I know there are
regulars from the Dallas area and more info will come. I also asked this same
question at another forum I frequent and good a couple of more places to go.

The hobby store in Addison seems to be the MOST popular place. It is the type
of hobby store that I like to find and spend time at and of course spend some
money.

Happy New New and God' riches blessing on you one and all.:thumb: :wave: :) :D ;)

Del

t-whistler

Thanks and again I say THANK YOU for the info I recieved. I know there are
regulars from the Dallas area and more info will come. I also asked this same
question at another forum I frequent and good a couple of more places to go.

The hobby store in Addison seems to be the MOST popular place. It is the type
of hobby store that I like to find and spend time at and of course spend some
money.

Happy New New and God' riches blessing on you one and all.

Del