I am Canadian!!!!

grumbeast

Jan 13, 2003
Dartmouth, N.S. Canada
www.accesswave.ca
Well, previously I was a subject of Great Britain. And now I'm a Citizen of Canada. :D :D

And while I won't get into a discussion about the various merits of different countries (everyone is entitled to thier opinion), the thing that really clinches it for me being a Canadian is this.

During the Citizenship ceremony there are three words that are emphasised. The first two, Democracy and Freedom I would expect from any modern nation, but the third I think is unique in being officially recognised in Canada, and that word is

Compassion.

What a country!!!!!

Graham

rsn48

Feb 27, 2003
North Vancouver, BC, Canada
Visit site
Now to celebrate you have to go out and stop in at Timmy's and get soup in a bread bowl, then go to another restaurant for Poutine, then have a Canadian beer, then over to Mc Donald's to get chips with vinegar, then go to Ottawa to skate on the canal, then to quebec city to walk on the Plains of Abraham, then to Monteal for a corn beef sandwich, then to Toronto to talk to the Torontonians who think they are the center of the universe, then to Winnipeg to be eaten by mosquitos, then on to Edmonton for a steak, then to Vancouver to take the sea bus.:thumb:

TinGoat

Ignorant know it all
Boy, talk about Cleche eh?!

Originally posted by rsn48
Now to celebrate you have to go out and stop in at Timmy's and get soup in a bread bowl, then go to another restaurant for Poutine, then have a Canadian beer, then over to Mc Donald's to get chips with vinegar, then go to Ottawa to skate on the canal, then to quebec city to walk on the Plains of Abraham, then to Monteal for a corn beef sandwich, then to Toronto to talk to the Torontonians who think they are the center of the universe, then to Winnipeg to be eaten by mosquitos, then on to Edmonton for a steak, then to Vancouver to take the sea bus.:thumb:

What??? You mean to say that Toronto isn't the centre of the universe???? :eek: