I almost fainted!

sgtcarl

Jan 11, 2008
in Appalachian Mtns of S.W. Virginia
Hey guys, I don't know where to post this, so I thought I'd start my own thread.
A couple of nights ago, while I was sitting in my living room, nothing on TV, so I was just reading the Bible, my wife, who was in our computer room, came in and said, "Honey, I've got something I want you to see." So, thinking it was just a cute picture someone had sent her via e-mail, I just replied, "okay," sort of half heartedly.
When I joined her in the room, she said "look at this."
That's when I almost fainted! she was on e-bay looking at trains! She said "I hope you like this one." I don't remember what it was. She said "I bid on it, how high should I go?" What really shocked me was that she'd even let me go back on e-bay. The last time I was there, I had bought a car!
Any way, here's the short list we bought. (I still have some bids going.)

gondola car, 3 tank cars, 34' coal hopper w/load, Marx vintage train set in box,GE Dash 8 408 loco,3 new vintage Atlas track pcks, Life Like Train set w/GP38 diesel loco.Now all I have to do is start building the layout.:excited1:

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Nope...don't believe it. Would like to believe it...but nope...can't believe it. (Just kidding of course...good for you for having such a supportive wife!)

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Flying the mighty Herc out of Charlotte, NC for the NCANG. Flew C-5B's and C-9's too on active duty. Still proud to serve, and smart enough to know that TSgts and above really run the USAF...not us zipper-suited flight gods.

scubadude

Sep 5, 2006
Richardson, Texas
Be careful, SgtCarl, might be a set up for new furniture or something! sign1

Hey Herc, my Dad flew C-130s out of Pope AFB back in the 70's, I really liked living in NC.....:thumb:

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Actually...all those trains listed are really styles of shoes. I know it sounds crazy, but really they're all designer shoes. I was almost fooled by the descriptions...but then I realized they're really shoes. Gondolas? Geeps? Hoppers? Sure those sound like train cars, but they're all italian and french made designer shoes.

sgtcarl

Jan 11, 2008
I knoow this kinda stuff is frowned upon, but my wife would like a word or two with Hercdriver: You said the magic "word" C-9. I ran the A/E detatchment at Keesler 81-82, then spent 4+ years at 2AES at Rhein Main. I was first Sgt in Turkey, but helped with the airport runs while in, and was over Pt Admin (among other things) at Offutt. Can you tell I have a soft spot for the nightingale! and there is a "catch" with buying him the train stuff....If I get them, I can control the available funds better. If I let him buy them, .....perish the thot!!! This is guy that decides to buy big ticket item (an RV, a Volvo, etc) and I get to pay for them.

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Hey....Wives can have fun too..!!! Maybe you've started something...A wives sub-forum...!!! That'd be cool...:mrgreen::twisted::cry:wall1......

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
(To SgtCarl's wife - with much respect) Well I'll be...another air-evac person! I loved the jet - and really liked the mission too. Boy, can't even remember how many nights I overnighted at Keesler. What good seafood! I flew the C-9 stateside only...had to wait to fly the C-5 before seeing the world (A LOT of Rhein Main and Incirlik trips with waaaaaay too many good memories.) Flying the Herc now which is almost the same mission as the -9 and -5 but flown a lot slower. Can't even remember how many nights I spent at the clubs at Rhein and in "the alley" at Incirlik...too fun.

All my best to you for serving. I've got a few more years to go to get to 20 then I'll probably retire, but with the guard, you never know. Heck, we're doing more now as a guard unit than most active duty squadrons. So there's lots of job security with the guard now.

Now back to the trains..........

sgtcarl

Jan 11, 2008
I almost fainted, part of part two

Okay, all you skeptical skeptics! Put on your spectacles and enjoy! These are, (hopefully,) six of the items my wife and I purchased. Will add some more photos, later.

Attachments

• MVC-003S.jpg
    MVC-003S.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 4
  • MVC-194F.JPG
    MVC-194F.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 4
  • MVC-195F.JPG
    MVC-195F.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 3
  • MVC-196F.JPG
    MVC-196F.JPG