hyaku shiki mega bust

rlc321

Gundam designer wannabe
ok guys i have nearly finished this side project i needed a break from the led mirage and main shiki instructions so i decided to design this its based on the g-system bust and will stand 23 or 33 cm tall i will also be designing a good base/stand thingy aswell. also the piping can some tell me any way to mak it simpler as i needed round but may at th emoment it may be too much any input would help. thanks guys.
tell me what you think.
:mrgreen:
rob

Attachments

• shikibust.jpg
    shikibust.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 25
  • bust.jpg
    bust.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 12

Janx

Excellent! look forward to seeing this monster :) you just know some one will make the rest of it to scale too!

rlc321

Gundam designer wannabe
oh yeah definatley ohh to scale god that would be huge lol thanks janx.. ps i put another pic of the mesh and you can see the tubes it may be too much so i may need to change them.
rob

SCEtoAux

Check out how the motorcycle exhaust pipes for the Yamaha motorcycles are done. Maybe you could get some ideas on how to handle the piping for your model. :)

Ultra-realistic models just to the left of the tires.
Yamaha Papercraft

rlc321

Gundam designer wannabe
hey guys i nee dhelp i need 3 beta builders for this beast it will be 30cm tall when built. pm your email addy i will send files this is in the process of texturing basic texture is on it. thanks for the help guys.
all the best
rob

1Randyc

This looks really incredible.
I would love to betabuild if you give me a chance.
I am currently building Yobee's full size Hyaku Shiki right now and this will be perfect together. My email-address is radneykim@gmail.com

baekshik4.jpg

rlc321

Gundam designer wannabe
ok guys 1 beta builder need another 2 come on give it a go
thanks 1randyc look forward to the pics
rob

1Randyc

Rob, thank you for letting me be one of the beta builder.
There isn't much to show but to let you know I have started here are couple of photos.

(??? seems to be wrong with uploading photos Strange..
Ah I will just upload to Flickr)

2804278096_100b1c370b_o.jpg

2804278058_d56d9b67a4_o.jpg

I guess it is best to assemble all individual parts first before putting them together?
Looking at the model, it seems that page9 and page32 part looks to be problematic putting together because those parts overlap each other.
Also I quickly found that on some 2X parts should be mirrored. For me I guess I will use mirror printing option to print those parts later.

What I have so far width wise, it is about 22cm printed on A4, little on the small size for me... It would be nice if the overall model is little bigger.

I will try my best to quickly build as soon as possible and post any progresses made.

You did a fine job Rob!

rlc321

Gundam designer wannabe
welldone

hey man good job so far looking nice, well done overall the model will be 30cm tall when complete and yeah just emilme the problem parts i will fix them before final.also the parts with x2 i tried to keep together just print those parts out twice. and thanks again.
rob
ps before you glue the back part in the first pic make the long tube so that rhe back psrt will fit at the end of the tube.

1Randyc

Beta build Day 2:

I did not have much time to spare so I assembled some big and simpler parts. I will probably have it more done after I've done posting this.
Hopefully I can offer you better progress on the 3rd day of making.
Assuming I carefully follow and observe 3-d layout, I don't think there is any critical issue other than few miniscule fitment problem.
I am going to mirror print some 2X parts to make them properly left and right specific and work on the head part or the base part, depending on the mood. :mrgreen:

2805588577_122ccf5dbf_o.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2262/2805588577_122ccf5dbf_o.jpg

Janx

Have a look at how June does his pipes on his excellent models, a unique and very effective method.

Sadly real life, work and the other 3 projects on the go are not allowing me enough time to provide my meager skills for this beta Sorry RLC, looks like it's in good hands though :)

Getter1

RLC,

That is nice :D I wish I could have helped as a Beta builder myself but I'm tied up with the VF2SS by Janx ATM :p As Janx just said it seems to be in excellent hands.

Great build Randy :D

G1

1Randyc

Beta build Day 3&4:

Well, I am now almost finished with the base part minus few details and bottom pipings.
I tried to work as fast as I can within spare times therefore my fit and finish isn't up to my standard but I really hope that what I make can do some justice to the fantastic model that Rob has created.
Here are some pictures you can see :mrgreen:

2811204017_a476c981d4_o.jpg

2811204083_03f38e5101_o.jpg

2811204141_d1bd33624c_o.jpg

2811204175_df428fd965_o.jpg

2812050442_2bd84efc26_o.jpg

Well that is it for now.. But I will try to finish it up on the next day!
There is no issues so far except the bottom pipings. I really messed up when I just put the pipings together and not carefully looking at the layout.
But so far so good!

1Randyc

Beta build Day 5:
Well, I am almost finished beta building this awesome model.
All the tubular items were deliberatly not done yet, because I loathe making them. ( Actually I suck at it ). Thankfully every parts so far fit perfectly(some less, no biggie) except one part which is inner part of mouth piece. This piece doesn't work and not necessary
Here are some pics for you to enjoy.

2813692023_25d10cd07a_o.jpg

This pointed piece suppose to move up more according to overlapping 3-d layout but I don't think it is not a problem.
2813692271_2f7202fab6_o.jpg

2814542474_9f971ba2cb_o.jpg

2813692409_651803f5a2_o.jpg

2813692459_eb4e8c37c2_o.jpg

2814542638_89fe4f6fbc_o.jpg

2814543120_778f5b840a_b.jpg

rlc321

Gundam designer wannabe
wow man totaly doin it justice looking very very very good thank you so much for this
its awsome.
so any major problems the part you mentiopned i think goes a bit further forward but i will check to make sure. i have also made some parts easier to build. thanks again buddy.
rob

1Randyc

Thank you Rob!, There is no major problem. Couple of things I would like to point out are:

1. You can take out the inner piece of part number 39. This is the mouth piece and inner piece does not belong there you can take it out and still attached the mouth piece.

2. Tubing work on the underside of base... Anyway to add alignment marks to join the tubing pieces little easier?

I haven't made any progress today and I am just taking a breather today.
Hopefully I can finish it up tomorrow.

On another subject, is there anyway you can size up the Core Fighter? I was little frustrated cutting and folding the nose piece. I have begun printing 2pages per one pdf sheet, but it would be nice if the original is that way.

Also I dare to ask.. any chance for me to get my grubby hands on Alex? :)

Thank you!

Master-Bruce

Rob, we first talked about doing this almost a year ago now. It's great to see you've done it and to see it being built! 1Randyc, you're doing a top notch job of building it up! Well done to both of you. ;)

rlc321

Gundam designer wannabe
hey randy the core fighter is aklready 30cm long so shouldnt be a problem but i will take a look. and the build is going great........ thanks skip good to see you here, yeah we did all thats left is the texturing. and thanks to both of you.
rob