Huygens?

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by jparenti, Dec 5, 2006.

1. jparenti

jparenti Member

Does anyone know where I could obtain some decent drawings of the Huygens probe that landed on Titan? I find pictures and such all over, but no real line drawings, three views and so on. Something with some actual measurements would be nice, but I can always break out my ruler and calculator (like I'm doing with Orion...). :grin:
  2. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

3. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

4. jparenti

jparenti Member

Bengt and Milenio - Thank you for the help. I actually built the Cassini model back in 1998 when they launched it. It's a great model, but the Huygens probe is lacking, which is why I'm trying to build a better one. I've scoured the ESA sites now, and I have quite a few pictures, so hopefully that'll help.
    My search for a line drawing or three view continues, however...
  5. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

You are right. The H is not so detailed, for such a fine probe.

Keep us posted on your findings and development.
  6. jparenti

jparenti Member

7. jparenti

jparenti Member

Okay, here goes...

I have little to no experience in designing paper models. I'm too busy with school to spend much time with the programs. So, I submit for your consideration:
    Is anyone willing to design a Huygens model, in some kind of reasonable detail? I've never really asked anyone to design anything for me before, so I don't know what I should offer for payment. I'd be willing to pay for it of course, but I'd like the designer to make it available as a free download through a site like Jon Leslie's, so that it may create more interest in paper modeling.
    I built the Cassini-Huygens from the NASA site, but the probe hasn't been done justice yet. Maybe someone out there is as eager to have this model as I am.
  8. jparenti

jparenti Member

No takers yet? Darn, maybe I am the only one who'd like this model... :)