Hudsons for Matt

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Matt. It's 1939 and per your request I have walked down to the tracks to try and get photos of some Hudsons for you. I was just walking over the bridge over the tracks when I heard a train and knew I wouldn't have time to get trackside, so I took the photo from the bridge. It turned out to be a Mohawk heading a freight to New York. I've attached the photo for you, more to come.

Attachments

• p1010037.jpg
    p1010037.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 86

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Gary, What a fab lot of photo's my friend. The layout looks good. Did you scratchbuild the bridge?

Shamus

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Gary,
Beautiful photos! Excellent "weathering" dirty, but not neglected.
Made me think back to my childhood, Thanksgiving in Croton Falls N.Y., steam on the Harlem division between Croton Falls, and Brewster N.Y..
Pete

Very nice Gary! The first photo is my favorite. The shadows and a gleam from the headlight really make the picture seem alive. Is that an oil-burner? I ask because most steamers out west with elephant ears were oil-powered. The coal burners were a little too sooty for passenger use after oil came along.

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Thanks Marty. Matt, I did receic=ve the message today, I will get the fax Monday. Glad you liked the photos. Pete, The locos were all painted by Blake Tatar. The paint jobs are great. I've another lined up. Would like to talk to you about the Harlem Division sometime. BDC, no, not an oil burner, these NYC locos were all coal burners. Elephant ears supposedly lifted smoke from the train.

Gary