HP, Speed, and Clutches

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by dudex, Jan 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dudex

dudex Member

tim whenever you disagree with anyone all you say is "youre an idiot, thats wrong". You never explain why and get into the physics of it or anything, at least when disagree with somebody I explain exactly why I think theyre wrong in a way that makes sense. All you do is call people stupid.
  2. timrock

timrock Active Member

now i tend not to read anything posted from the name dudex.

anyway.like i said power to wieght ratio can be a factor in estimating speed.

for example,Dodge motor company used it to estimate the speed of the motorcycle that runs with the Viper V10 engine on it.it was estimated to hit top speeds of 300 MPH.it was never taken to those speeds but was estimated buy using the power to wieght ratio as a factor.
  3. mastmec

mastmec Member

Thats because it's their engine, they know exactly what it will do. I am very sure they also knew the ratios on the bike too (I have not heard of this test or run, but I will check into it though) And its Diamler Chrysler not Dodge motor company.
  4. timrock

timrock Active Member

well,whatever the name is;they use.you know who i mean.and of course they know the ratios of the bike.if they didnt they would not come up with the estimated 300mph.
    but they,indeed,used the power to wieght ratio as a factor to estimate that speed.
  5. timrock

timrock Active Member

so to say that the power to wieght ratio has nothing to do with speed i would have to disagree.
  6. mastmec

mastmec Member

Disagree, fine, but explain why you disagree. I gave you a senerio earlier, use that to explain your thoughts. And again get technical, please. Just don't repeat yourself again. And as far as the bike goes, they didn't use the ratio as a factor, just as a statement because of its design.
  7. timrock

timrock Active Member

ok.they did use it as a factor as i said.

if you dont want me to repeat my self,then stop repeating the question.

it is simple,you said that power to wieght ratio has nothing to do with speed.i said i disagree and that some people use the power to wiehgt ratio as a factor in esimating speed.

also gave you an exaple; Dodge with their car size motor on a motor cycle who used the power to wieght ratio as a factor for the estimated speed of 300mph.
  8. timrock

timrock Active Member

if you ask me why i disagree again,i will not answer.that is the third time i answered you.
  9. dudex

dudex Member

exactly how did they calculate it, not just this is what they used.
  10. timrock

timrock Active Member

why do you ask dudex?
  11. dudex

dudex Member

you said they used weight to power ratio to calculate speed. But thats all you said. When I post something I explain exactly why I think something would work or why it woudnt. I dont just say these people do this. You need to explain how and why you would use weight to power ratio.
  12. Dean Guilberry

Dean Guilberry Member

Spilling over from the Radio Scrap thread.
    One more time HP and Torque are interdependent in a rotary motor. It is physically impossible to have one w/o the other. In any formula if you take away one of the variables none of it will work.

No torque = no HP
    no Current = no voltage

get it!
    Now argue about something else.
  13. dudex

dudex Member

We established that and agree on it, but Tim thinks the eqaution for HP is HP=Torque+RPM, which would actually mean that yoiu can have torque and no RPM, and vice-versa.
  14. timrock

timrock Active Member

absolutly not dudex.

No torque=no rpm=no hp.therfore your car would sit still.(you said HP has nothing to do with the speed of a car)wrong.
    also true about current.:No curent=no voltage.just like water running through a pipe.no valve open then no current=no water.
  15. dudex

dudex Member

Tim, just by knowing simple math you could see that HP does not eqaul Torque+RPM. If HP=Torque+RPM then you could have zero torque and 30,000 RPM and still have 30,000 HP. If we do this mathematically then HP=0+30,000 and HP is 30,000 then. Im not saying you could have no torque but only that with your screwy eqaution that you could have zero torque because the rpm would make up for it. In the real eqaution HP=(Torque X rpm)/5252 If you had zero torque then youi would have zero HP.
    HP=(0 X 30,000)/5252. zero times 30,000 is zero and divide zero by 5252 and you still get zero.
  16. timrock

timrock Active Member

if hp did not equal both at any givin rate then there could not be on without the other.
  17. timrock

timrock Active Member

dudex,maybe the problem is that you are looking at formulas an misunderstand the phisyics.
  18. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

lol. phisyics. thats funny.
  19. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

sorry tim, that flame was before i turned over my new leaf that i posted on "vote here". read it if you believe me, im a new person im not going to bash anymore. I just want this board to by a happy place again.
  20. dudex

dudex Member

I know you cant have HP without torque and rpm and that you cant have rpm without torque and so on. But according to your eqaution you can have one without the other. I already explained it and am not going to again. Also I was wondering if you had ever taken any physics courses, or if yoiu had gone to school at all.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.