Howdy , from Western North Carolina

Neal Holloway

Feb 11, 2015
United States
My name is Neal , ( call sign thundrheart ) I will answer to either though people seem to have shortened it to thundr.
I have been a model builder for a while now but I am brand spanking new at posting them on the web. I especially like science fiction models but I will build just about anything. I have both paper models and styrene models and a few resin models in reserves to be built at a later date. I usually have several projects in the works at the same time, from small airplanes to large ships and of course my personal favorite; The Battlestars of Galactica.
Bear with me and I'll get some photos uploaded as soon as I can take the pics and then figure out how to get them uploaded. Looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

Thundr

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Jan 28, 2013
New Mexico USA
Welcome to the board neighbor ... hope the rains aren't hitting in your area too hard. There are several here that are really into Battle Star cylongirl from Germany does some WONDERFUL scratch building that all enjoy and admire! The latest was Pimp my shuttle. So cruse the board, make post and upload pictures of your work...unlike a lot of boards you will find this one really loves members to post pix of there work, people can see other ways people create as well as inspiration and new ideas!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Huh? What? Where? Did somebody say "Battlestar"? I'm in on everything you say, sir! :) ;)

Welcome to zealot, Neal! :)

I'm a big Galactica fan as well. There are several thingso n my list which I will tackle as soon as I have the time (like a 1/2 studio scale TOS battlestar). Next will be an Andrew Probert Concept Viper and a 1/18 scale version of the TOS Viper (for action figures ;) ).

I'm looking forward to your pictures! :)

Have fun and enjoy! :)

Reactions: Neal Holloway

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Neal, WELCOME! Another Sci-Fi fan has found our abode. Feel free to post pictures of any and everything you have made in this thread. Don't be shy. We allow 10 pics per post and as many posts as you need. Why would anyone need picture hosting with such generous pictures being hosted right here. All you work remains your property. We have many categories, and will open up more if the need arises, so don't fel constrained to only using paper, we are not paper purists, but do admire people who strictly with that self impost regiment.

Just use the "Upload a File" on the bottom right of your dialog box, and navigate to the pictures. Wherever you click the cursor is where the picture will be loaded. You do not ave to wait for pictures to finish uploading, just keep uploading them. You will see the option for thumbnail. That will allow you page to load faster, but when clicked on, (I right click, "Open in New Tab", works faster,) the full size pic will appear. Once all the pictures are loaded, bu click in certain locations, you can construct you post, or just write a description and load them all in sequence, your choice. We leave threads open to be "edited' by you at any time. If someone were to put something offensive (which doesn't happen here, rarely), don't respond to it, P.M. any Moderator, or myself with the URL of the thread, and I will jump on it. If I haven't caught it, take a screen shot, using the "PRT SCR" function of you computers Keyboard, and hold onto that, notify any Moderator, or myself. Don't dignify stupidity.

We do not tolerate pissing contests, untoward remarks, rude behavior. This forum is known for it's peaceful atmosphere, and it is the members that have made it that way. I enforce the members wishes. Rules are the same for everyone, but mistakes are not infractions. It would be great to see what you're working on. You can see some of the Renders of my work in the "Renders and Illustrations" section. That where you can post Computer Renders, Drawings, without there being an expectation of a model at the end. A great place to post ideas. Welcome to Zealot! :)

p.s. As you are new, you pictures may not show until you have posted a short while, I or another moderator just needs to approve them. The Heuristic nature of the software will son pick up that you are acceptable. Only models, with interactive build threads can be posted in the Gallery". This thread is the best place to post what you have done, and start a "New Thread' for anything you are working on, in the appropriate section. :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Hello Neal,

Welcome to Zealot. You have come to the right place for all things SCI-FI (ESPECIALLY BATTLESTAR GALACTICA)! There are many members here who are into SCI-FI (Especially Battlestar Galactica (Myself included)). So I hope that you will feel at home here.

By all means, please feel free to post photos of your models (WE LOVE TO SEE PHOTOS!) Speaking about photos, when you start a new project (or continue with one of the many projects that you already have in WIP), please post a build thread. Build threads are a great way to show off your skills as well as highlighting problem areas that you may need help with.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice. Please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point her in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here. I look forward to seeing your models

Neal Holloway

Feb 11, 2015
United States
Thanks Everybody for the warm welcome. Here are a few pics of some of the models I have built in my head and then attempted to build with my hands. Working on a poorboy's, poorboy budget I had to rely on whatever I could find laying around the house; empty toilet paper rolls, cardboard panels from boxes and some left over parts from various model kits. Every so often I pull them out of mothballs and add this or that to them. Like I say, everything is a work in progress. I wish I had build threads to put these on but they are of a time before I learned about computers. Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys seeing them.
20160701_222430.jpg 20160704_131707.jpg 20160704_131719.jpg 20160701_224516.jpg
This is my Mark 1 Strike Fighter/ Interceptor capable of both atmospheric and space flight.

20160701_225256.jpg20160701_225233.jpg 20160701_225330.jpg
Another space fighter concept, similar to the mark 1 yet different which would emulate being built by a different manufacturer.

20160701_225652.jpg 20160701_225634.jpg
And of course every star fighter jock must have some alien craft to pursue and destroy

Last edited:

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Jan 28, 2013
New Mexico USA
Hey...you maybe working on a "Poor-boy's Budget" ( I can relate) but I can see a Wealth of talent behind your work! Thanks for sharing and showing all what can be done with creativity and recycled material!!!! :Bravo:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
The balance is restored, Gandolf50 stated it perfectly. I want to play with your models Neal!! Claphands:Bravo:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
:Bravo::Bravo::Bravo::Bravo::Bravo:

:Drinks::Drinks::Drinks::Drinks::Drinks:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Thanks Everybody for the warm welcome. Here are a few pics of some of the models I have built in my head and then attempted to build with my hands. Working on a poorboy's, poorboy budget I had to rely on whatever I could find laying around the house; empty toilet paper rolls, cardboard panels from boxes and some left over parts from various model kits. Every so often I pull them out of mothballs and add this or that to them. Like I say, everything is a work in progress. I wish I had build threads to put these on but they are of a time before I learned about computers. Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys seeing them.
View attachment 152538 View attachment 152540 View attachment 152541 View attachment 152542
This is my Mark 1 Strike Fighter/ Interceptor capable of both atmospheric and space flight.

View attachment 152543View attachment 152545 View attachment 152544
Another space fighter concept, similar to the mark 1 yet different which would emulate being built by a different manufacturer.

View attachment 152547 View attachment 152546
And of course every star fighter jock must have some alien craft to pursue and destroy

You did a GREAT JOB on these projects!!!
I have to say that I really like your work. I know what it is like to work with a poor man's budget. I have scratch built a few models myself as well. Here is an example.

SP_A0149.jpg Thunderfighter_MK3_top[3].jpg

Attachments

• SP_A0149.jpg
    SP_A0149.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 6