How would you

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
I'm not entirely sure what you are talking about. Do you mean the seams of concrete that come out between the boards on forms? If so I would, I use pieces of styrene cut to the sizes between seams. I would think you could then use a solvent type glue and press the pieces together until the softened styrene pushes out like the seams of concrete. In ho scale the seams would be very small. Remember that 1/16th of an inch is very close to 6 inches, so the seams would protrude no more than 1/32 or even 1/64th of an inch.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
When they make a retaining wall from concrete they have to pour it in steps. I think they call that "lifts". It depends on the hight and thickness of the wall what the code will allow in one pour. Each time they do, there is a visable difference between one pour and the one above it. I would simulate that by just making the concrete color a bit off shade from the concrete below it and do it in a straight line.

I'm guessing that this is what you are talking about.:rolleyes:

Don

wolfworks

Mar 26, 2003
Visit site
Yes that is what I am refering to the concrete lines that can be seen on the pours. I am starting to model the Moffat Tunnel's East Portal in N and was just wondering if there was a easy way to model this or if it was overkill.