How to get an airbrush.....

guppyman

Dec 6, 2001
League City TX
www.railimages.com
Just thought I'd let you folks in on a way to get your significant other to buy that airbrush you've been wanting.....

I have been taking my girlfriend to get her nails done and she usually gets them to do some kind of artwork on them....

Lately, she has been getting airbrush work done... So I encourage that, and tell her that with me dealing in N scale, her nails would actually be a fairly large surface for me to paint. The stencil work the shop does for her does not look all that difficult to do...

So, I am now trying to find which one I want and will be getting it for my upcomming B-day.

Strthoky

Feb 7, 2003
South East Michigan
hometown.aol.com
I have done this for my wife. they sell a special thinner you ust use with the nail polish... I would use the special thinner as anything else makes a goowey mess in your airbrush!!! that and the template I made for painting the "tips" took 2 seconds with cardboard and an exacto :)

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
For model railroads and fingernails a Paache Model H and a compressor would fill the bill...Use the A tip for N scale trains and nails~!:)

For Romantic Fun~!:eek: Spray cans:eek: of whipped cream are a hell of a lot more fun.....unless you are going to Mardi Gras in New Orleans:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

guppyman

Dec 6, 2001
League City TX
www.railimages.com
Originally posted by Strthoky
I have done this for my wife. they sell a special thinner you ust use with the nail polish... I would use the special thinner as anything else makes a goowey mess in your airbrush!!! that and the template I made for painting the "tips" took 2 seconds with cardboard and an exacto :)

The guy at the shop I take her to paints her nails and then uses acrylic paints to do her design work. It looks like he's using them straight from the bottle and washing out his airbrush with Windex immediatley after he paints. Is this a good practice- both using straight acrylic paint and the Windex part???

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Guppy, The basic ingredient in Windex is ammonia which is probably an OK solvent for that nail paint but its probably not gonna work with model paints. I've always preffered to clean my air brush with lacqure thinner (not the recycled kind) regardless of what kind of paint I use. A good brand is Strip-Eze which can be found at Lowes or Home Depot but any will work. The recycled thinner seems to still have some residue in it and just doesn't seem to do the job as well.