how rare are...

ross31r

bachman spectrum 44T and 70T switchers with individually powered trucks?

I ask because ive got one of each now as i "shotgunned" them out of part of the collection we were cataloging over the weekend.

Intend to use them to power two or four interurban cars depending on if i can find suitable sideframes and a "matching" trailing truck - looks like i might finally have powered passenger cars i can take some photos of instead of using 201 and 202 over and over again!

The only way you can get them now is secondhand. There used to be a nice kit available (Sorry, don't have a link address) for a steeplecab switcher, that used those trucks modified. Should work for your interurbans
Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands

ross31r

Hum, i dont like the MR Warehouse page - its far too confusingly laid out, you cant tell whats current and whats not!

was thinking more along the lines of their use underneath a passenger car, but the IT Class C sounds interesting!

Russ Bellinis

Bachmann had problems with those early 44t & 70t switchers because the powered trucks didn't always run well together. The manufacturing tolerances would cause one to run faster or slower which created a problem when both are on the same chassis. It was easier for Bachmann to put one motor in newer releases and power it through two gearboxes. The older models you have are easily fixed, however. Just wire the two motors in series.

ross31r

was actually planning to use one powere bogie on its own as they should be able to cope confortabley with towing the weight of the passenger car that contains them. I hope!

The only thing with muiltiple drive bogies will be my freight motors and the lines flagship, but she is still a bit of a secret ATM!

interurban

I had a steeple cab , Brass sydum drive on both trucks, did OK towing on the flat but needed help on a hill :(

Sold it off 2 years ago.

Hope to see pictures of this ross :cool:

O just remembered I have another with a hair dryer motor installed :eek:
Hope you can find a power source, Ever heared of a spud motor? :D

They do a neat job with the small motor contained in the truck.

ross31r

lets see, so far i have three freight motors based around F7 shells and drives, finally got an MDC boxcab to convert to a freight motor and three passenger cars (all unpowered as of yet) plus a "secret" project