How long do you batteries last

Richard Gude

May 31, 2005
For those of you with radio control, How long do your batteries last? couple of hours, days, weeks?

Thanks,

rhg

Freelancer

Oct 24, 2002
Utah
www.yardlimit.com
I don't have radio at home so I only use it at shows, let's see....over a two year period I have used my radio at about 5 shows, 3 days each, 8 hours a day if my math is correct that is about 120 hours of operating time, or 5 days and my battery is still running stong. I wouldn't be surprised if the battery would last a few weeks to a couple of months of continuous use.

I imagine it would also vary depending on the throttle, mine is a Digitrax DT100r, so other throttles with more functions may not last as long. What throttle are you using?

Freelancer

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
I've got a NCE Pro radio cab (ain't plugged it in yet), and the manual gives the current draw rate for the batteries in it. It also has a backlit LCD display. The manual says the batteries will run down much quicker if you config it to have the backlit light on all the time.

However, the battery cover requires undoing a small screw, not just clip/slide it off, which, perhaps, indicates that the batteries shouldn't need changing that often. The NCE allows you to tether it as well, hence using the power from the base station, not the batteries when tethered.

But to answer the question? Dunno. Cause I ain't used it yet. :):):)