How fast is fast on a forum

Can this forum increase its speed?

• Would you like to see the web master get a fast server?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Would you like the forum to remain as is or even get slower as it seems to do?

• I have faith that management will solve this problem as they have in the past.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
On a rethink..is that a word?..I decided to mail in a modest contribution towards the 3 K cost to fix up this forum.

Seems a more productive gesture than crying and bitchun all the time.

How about you?

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Wasn't this addressed by the Administrator already when he said:
The Gauge is owed by Peter Davis who also owns a few other specialty forums, and to be frank, I don't know how he does it, but he does; he's never asked for anything and he has never suggested to cut back service. To be sure, he is right now arranging for us to move to a different server so that we will go back to having faster and more complete access.
biggrin.gif
We are all aware that we have maxed out this server and that's why we are having slow access when we do. This incidentally is not the first time Pete has had to move to a new server. Let's face it, we are up to over 5,000 members, around 1,000 of us have been active on this forum these past 30 days.
I can't imagine anyone voting for #2 but we need to give a reasonable amount of time for "the powers that be" to fix the problem. Of course, reasonable people may differ on what a "reasonable" time is. I think a 3rd choice should be added to your poll.

3. Do you have faith that management will solve this problem as they have in the past?

I vote for #3.

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
~~ Positive Thinking, Garners Positive Results!!

Good you and Steve think FAST. make outv a check too. That works a little quicker.

I dont mind admitting when I am wrong.

My doctor gave me 6 months to live. When I explained I could not pay my bill, he gave me six months more, he is a genius

141px-Grouchomarxpromophoto.jpg

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
I usually solve this "30 second issue" by having some other site window up for reading. In the case of the Gauge, I have multiple windows up so I can "cascade post" meaning, read one, post one, click on other window, read that and post that. It's a no frustration deal, an 30 seconds ins't that bad really when I've something else do do with to my time! :)