How fast is fast on a forum

LoudMusic

Jul 21, 2006
I'd say that's pretty unacceptible! Oh wait, this is free.

No complaints! :)

Though I'm still of the opinion that if the "Attach Image" was replaced with uploading the images to an alternative image host and linking to it the forum would speed up. It's the image serving that makes it so slow.

Now, that's seperate from the Gallery. The Gallery would remain unchanged. I'm just talking about the thread attachments.

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
I don't know if the image attachments have much to do with it. Maybe they do, I'm far from an expert. I've been a member a long itme, the Gauge's speed has varied a lot. It's slower lately than ever. If anything I assume its the ads. I have optimum online and I'm getting tired of how long it takes to just go from the main menu to the photography menu. Or any screen change. I know its the Gauge, not my connection. Other forums change instantly, here its at least 10 to 15 seconds. Funny, I used to have dial up and the delay wasn't much longer, unless I was opening photos. If it is the ads, I want to say I don't have a problem with wanting to get help with the expenses. This is free so I'm happy with that. But if something can be done to speed things up, that's great cause sometimes I just don't bother waiting.

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
At 18:30 HRs. it is zipping along.

I think we should help raise the bucks to buy a faster server subsription or however this all works.

I am down for it.