how do you post a trackplan?

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
hey guys i was going to psost my track plan and ask for any helpful hints or comment , but i cant figure out how to get the darn thing up here.if anyone knows how it would be much appreciated.

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
hey hiscopilot its actually an extrk cad file and i dont know how to upload to the gallery since it says it doesnt accept that format.and even if i did i stil dont know how to get it into a post.

Biased turkey

Apr 10, 2006
Montreal, Canada Eh
I think you have to convert the layout file into .jpg file format.
The gauge doesn't accept uploading " raw " files from track designing software.
I use Xtrakcad that store the tracks files in its own specific format. If I want to post a pics of a layout, I have to convert the file to an accepted file format by The Gauge ( the most common format is the .jpg format )

Nomad

Sep 26, 2006
Elks Plain, Washington
Bigsteel, If you want to post a Xtrac file, the first thing to do is go to file, then go to print as bitmap. That will save the file as a bitmap. Then you can use a image editing program to convert it to a jpg.

Loren

pooka2hot4u

May 30, 2006
bitmaps actually work here too. im not sure about the gallery though. i use photobucket.
i guess i do it the really complicated way.
i use atlas software to make the plans and just take screenshots of em and edit out all the menus and stuff in photoshop. if the plan is too big to fit on screen at any decent zoom, i take several shots of different parts and piece them together.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
There are "how-to's" on uploading pics to either a post or the gallery in both the "getting started" and "photo" forums. Your best bet is to try to convert the drawing to a jpg, but when you try to upload, you will see a list of file formats that are accceptable. A bitmap is acceptable, but the file size is usually a lot larger than a jpg so you would have to reduce your picture size to make it fit our limitations. If you have a photo app, you can import a bmp and convert it to jpg.

If you're still having problems, PM or email me and we can work on it together. It's not that difficult once you've been through the process.:)

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
alright one more tim,hope this works
mynewlayoutpics.bmp