How Do You Guys Do It?

fsm1000

Will, thanks for those links:D
I will look at them when I have time but they look really cool. I liked the one with planes. Hard to get scale planes so it should be interesting. :)
Thanks again.

L

lester perry

Time right now is at a premium as I am working 10.5 hours a day 6 days a week and travel 45 minutes each way. But my job is either OT plus or layoff. So time is easy to come by when layed off. In fact you guys will know when I am layed off by the amount of responses on the gauge.
Money as I said before OT. I buy when working long hours. Also there are cheap ways to do almost anything if you just think about it.
Space is no problem I started in an old shed in back yard. I have added to it one time for total of about 450 square feet. Getting ready to add again for another 300-400 square feet. Sheds are inexpensive to build. (I have 5 acres in the country)
Patience is most important. Learn to walk away, this is a life time hobby. Only God can create the world in 6 literal days.
Les

stripes

To me its simple!
spend what time and money as you can, and just enjoy the fact that I have a hobby!
So many people have to worry about food on the table, never mind a hobby!!
I am blessed,
And I never plan on finishing this layout! It is a lifetime thing, so I have plenty of patience!
What I do not finish will be left to my grandkids so that they can enjoy it too!

Every morning before school, I watch my 8 yr old grandson for an 1 1/2. we work together on tracklaying or a building, whatever! The point is is that it is so nice to be part of this hobby and share it witha young man whose enthusiasim is shown on a daily basis.

OH! PS. The fact that I do this for a living too helps! LOL