How do I get started?

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Originally posted by Matthyro
While Jon does the MAIN supervising, others can do the woodwork, track laying and sceniking but just give me a pile of empty cereal boxes, some white glue and thos $1 acrylic paints and I will make some buildings for you

No, no, no. I volyteered to supervise the peanut gallery, the hecklers. What your talkin bout could turn out to be real werk! I could get hurt. It takes knowledge and experiance. I could probably help empty some cerial boxes, if I'm not too busy with the beer. I could supervise some plastic people maybe.

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Jon, do you see what Val has done with the dioramas? A group of guys from this group is going to be pretty busy just trying to keep that standard in constructing a full sized layout. It looks as though she could work circles (or maybe that should be 'track ovals") around us.:D :D :) :)

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
A group of guys from this group is going to be pretty busy just trying to keep that standard in constructing a full sized layout. It looks as though she could work circles (or maybe that should be 'track ovals") around us.

Looking at the guest list, I can think of far worse fates. I feel honored to have been included in the invite.
Pete

t. alexander

Jun 20, 2002
Attalla Al.
Visit site
Hey all, I am just now reading this thread and would like to describe how I wired my switching layout. It went something like this.. "lets see now if I put this wire here", ZAPP, "hum nope". "Ok what about here", ZAPP, "nope". "Ok, Here,.. BINGO!!"
and so on. :rolleyes: It's a good thing there are no fuses as I would have went broke replacing them. :D

Btw I would like to atest to jon's electrical expertise.
I had a wiring problem on another forum (not train related) that involved the head lights on a vehicle I have.
Now, when I flip a light switch on or off I wonder how do it know:confused: :D jon, realizing this suggested I simply get one of those million watt spot lights and hold it in front of me when I drove at night.:D ;) :D

t.