How Did I Screw It Up!!!!!

kpowell

Mar 1, 2006
Several problems:
1. When I put trains on the track my switches dont work, although I can have no power to the track push the switch button and the engine will run. I did tie all the grounds together???
2. I have a USRA 0 6 0 that will not couple to any car I have it appears that the coupler is two high-any recomendations?
3. Have a GP 40 that the couplers poped of. any recommendations on how to get the small spring, coupler assy and cover attached to truck.

All the above are Bockmann excluding the track which is Atlas, getting pushed for christmas.

Thanks Ken

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
You should have a track hookup, one wire to each post or attachment point on the track to the track terminals on the power pack (2 wire hookup) . The Switches should be hooked to the the accessory terminals on the power pack to the remote switches and from the switches to the actual track switch machines.

Rick

kpowell

Mar 1, 2006
Oldtanker: I have the switches wired to the A/C power then to the switch then to the red and green side of the switch. I tied all the commons together but did not hook them back to the individual switch. I am think that each switch needs its own common?
Ken

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Ken: I'm not sure how you wired your switches but:
one side of the AC goes to all the turnout motors (common). the other side goes to the control switches. From the control switches 2 wires go to the turnouts, probably the 2 outer terminals. if you're lucky red and green wires.
It may be that there are 3 wires from the switches to the turnouts -- then the first AC terminal will go somewhere on the switch box.
There should be no connection between the AC for the switch machines and the DC for the trains.