How can I do with this?

NOBI

Ship Ahoy,

Just recieve very special gift from my special friend :D and dont know how to do with this? anybody can advise?

Renaud

Bismarck

Building the Bismarck would suck me a lifetime. Longer than Bismarck's lifetime was, I guess. And no fame to run for.

wunwinglow

Are you guys MAD!??? NOBI, don't even look inside to cover! You start this ship, and we will not see another model design from you for months! Or even years!!! Put it away in a cupboard somewhere, or under a big pile of books, but DON'T start it!

No, Ive got an even better idea! Send it to me, and I WON'T start it for you! How is that for a deal?

Tim P

NOBI

Hi There,

i cant figure out to build it from scan page...many part is real big and cant fit in A4. i want to build this bismark. i want something to show on top of my PC or my TV...1.25 meter of Bismark will attractive many eye :D Tim, too late to warn, i open booklet already, u must see inside of coverpage...picture of finish model real beautiful. i think i will not trade this Bismark, Furman :D this is special gift from my special friend.

re-scale to 1/400? that is only way to make it fit in A4 and build

garyj36

If you rescale , make it 1/350th and take advantage of the plethoria of bismark etch parts in that scale. Although 400th exist too because of the Heller plastic kit.

Bowdenja

Alright Nobi :shock: ..............you must PROMISE to keep designing planes............there are way TOO MANY ships for the guys out here, and not enough planes for us! :D

Yes we know you can build it, and make us plane guys proud......(I'm still green with envy of barry and his planes......those ship guys think they can build anything! :roll: ) but we still need our planes!

SO............take this trip to paper ship land, but remember that it is only a side trip! :wink:

All kidding aside......... I look forward to the thread you will surely make detailing this build.

john

Leif Oh

Scan, rearrange parts, use longer paper

Nobi, please don't get discouraged by the fact that parts don't fit A4 paper. You know very well that this limitation can be overcome. For newcomers to the hobby, some basic tips:

+ If the original is too large for the scanner, make two (or more) scans for each page. Recombine in your favourite graphics program to get back to the original size and format, and clean up the scan with the magic wand.

+ Rearrange every part that in and by itself will fit into A4 papers. That ought to take care of most parts.

+ For those parts that will fit into A4 width, but not length, use longer paper. Buy large sheets and cut them to A4 width. Use special format options. This is not a problem, I can assure you. In fact you may wish to print ALL parts on this large (longer) size papers, once you've worked out the new print format.

+ For those few parts that don't fit A4 (or letter) size in any dimension - and there shouldn't be too many of them, really - divide parts along the most natural dividing line you can find (it doesn't even have to be a straight line), and rejoin them in building reinforced by a strip (or strips) on the backside. Not worse than any other seam.

Nobi, you're a designer. You can do this! Others, new to the site, may find the article on Scaling, useful. See also this old post, How to make larger prints, for more advice.

Best of luck - Leif

PS. The new aircraft looks really dainty - sort of a mix between a Sabre and a Mig, right?

jrts

Hi Nobi

Build it at the scale its in mate, Leif's right on all count's.

Its the ideal project for when you get designer blues or a block designing the planes :D

With the size of it and the parts count it will be a long term project, but to get the full effect do it as is 8)

Have fun thats the main thing :D

Like the look of the new design, real nice

Rob