How about a scale vehicle thread

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Catt, Oct 22, 2006.

1. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

LMAO, i know what you mean, but sometimes my HIGH standards get in the way and i end up spending 4 times as much sometimes :eek: :rolleyes: lol
  2. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

I like to be like that, but now that I drive a 3/4 ton truck that gets 13mpg on a GOOD day, Ive learned that until I get a job, if I want to keep driving I need to save money.
  3. Catt

Catt Guest

Actually they are the cheap diecast ones. :mrgreen:If you would like I can snap a few pics to post of them.

When I get the $$$$ I'll be getting the NORSCOTS .:mrgreen:
  4. TruckLover

LOL i hear you on that one :cry:
  5. TruckLover

I myself have a few of the cheaper Norscots. They arent too bad, but there nothing compared to the REAL ones hehehehe :mrgreen:
  6. TruckLover

Some new trucks i got in the mail today from American Prototype Hobbies

These start off my fleet for my Blue Star Ready Mix Cement Plant

AS YOU CAN TELL, I LOVE MACK'S HEHEHEHEHE :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is that a FORD AEROMAX in the fleet line-up? :eek: :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

You already have enough dumps for a sizeable operation it looks like, but you definately need more mixers. Ill try to go to the 2 local shops by the end of the weekend (if thats not to late for you) Im pretty busy next few days. I know they both have a few and I know the one has an Aeromax with the mixer trailer.
  8. TruckLover

That sounds good Kevin, thanks :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  9. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Cheap Thrills

$2.00 at a tag sale(Gee...I don't think it works anymore. Give me $2.00). Little cleaning of the track. Clean and lube the cars. Test the wall-warts and throttles. And a thirty year old Tyco slot car track is running again.
    Put a big smile on my face!!!!

Unfortunatly the cars are Indy style, one is missing the pin and they are not NASCAR. But I do have one that someone gave me.

And no!...I'm not converting. Trains are still number one!

Hmmm.....Something familar looking about my test track......

Attached Files:

10. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Nice track, Ed.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Something I just found at Walmart, they come in race damaged as well as clean. Wasn't interested in the movie versions and am in hopes of seeing Racer X's original car.

[​IMG]

Come on Mattel, you gotta make a Tumbler now...
  11. e-paw

e-paw Member

Here we have 2 HO kit bashes. First the Anna's signal departments foreman's car then a CNJ tanker for diesel fuel.

Attached Files:

12. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

Saw those, bought every car! Funny thing, I've only seen them outside of CA (bought mine in Kingman AZ).
  13. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Nice work, epaw. I remember when the railcar kit first came out in '76, only to recently find out that is was someone else's mold from the 60s:thumb:

Josh, I tore the place apart looking for Racer X's original car, the movie versions went way beyond my realm of plausibility:p As for not finding them in CA, no surprise, they're probably banned...anything that flops as bad as that movie did should be---did you notice how they snuck it out on DVD, prolly under cover of night, too.:thumb:
  14. Dave Harris

Dave Harris Member

Progress Pics on junk yard.

OK -- I have been posting pics on the wrong thread , there are a bunch of progress pics on a junkyard Hudson truck in the scratchin & bashing thread . Here are the latest pics, The wood bed is in , a headlight on & the dash in . Not much to go , a bit more weathering, put a radiator in , steering column, glass, & a tranny left after the engine was pulled, some tires, bumpers, taillights & a few bits here & there and it should be done. Any suggestions as to what else it may need are welcome.

Attached Files:

15. Catt

Catt Guest

my first daycab project

Just got this to a more or less finished state.

[​IMG]

a little different view

[​IMG]

Probly should have taken a 3/4 from the rear,oh well next time :mrgreen:

WOW!,I just checked the start date on this thread on the 22nd of this month it will be two years old.I think it is safe to say that we like our vehicle models too. :thumb:
  16. TruckLover

SWEET [FONT=&quot] looking[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] Rig[/FONT] you got there Johnathan :thumb: :thumb:
  17. Catt

Catt Guest

Some new trucks I've just recently aqquired. :D

Two Athearn KW's I just picked up on Ebay.I wish Athearn would sell the accessories seperate that these come with

[​IMG]

Two new Malibu trucks from Wal-Mart can't say much for their paint schemes but I think these are going to be great parts trucks.
    [​IMG]

Two of the new Norscot trucks one each KW and Peterbuilt these cabs are plastic I can see some interesting conversions here.
    [​IMG]
  18. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Some nice looking trucks there Catt.
    Here's a couple more. Two that haven't made it to the layout yet, and one that probably won't.

First, 1/86th(Can't get much closer to HO, without being HO) scale Matchbox from 1988. This is a salesman "pass out" from the late 1980's, early 90's. Before UPS licensed their logo(And way before they sponsored Dale Jarrett...)

Next, Don't remember who made this one, but since I like Diet Coke, I had to have it. Got it at the BigE train show.

Last, Think I got this one at the same show(maybe the same vendor) Con-Cor Shell tanker. Even came with a driver already in the seat!

Attached Files:

19. TruckLover

Cool trucks Johnathon and Ed

Ed that Diet Coke truck appears to be an early Athearn truck and the shell tanker i think is a Model Power truck, i have one too that looks identical to that one and mines made by Model Power
  20. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

I snagged these for a quarter a piece at the swap meet last weekend!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]