How about a scale vehicle thread

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Catt, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Some nice vehicles here guys.
  2. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Here's a Liebherr derrick I picked up for a buck at the train show this weekend...

[​IMG]

There for awhile last year you could get 1:87 vans at Wally World 'til they pushed them out. The Dodges looked great as they were but the Fords were left with dorky looking rims. I swapped one set with a Reel Rides "Dazed and Confused" Chevy pickup, the other I swapped with a Malibu Classics Shelby Cobra that hit the floor...

[​IMG]
  3. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

The Wally-World Mailbu Volvo make-over.

Still have to touch up, decal the box.
    As with my tradition lately with these Wally-World cheapies, I've been adding drivers, and opening windows. This one also has a an assistant driver.

Attached Files:

4. COMBAT

COMBAT Member

Hmm I have not seen those. I will have to be on the look out!
  5. chessie4155

chessie4155 Active Member

I think Ive posted these before but heres some new pics of them
    First up is a tanker with a Ford CL9000
    [​IMG]

Next up is a Lowboy with a good ol Mack R model
    [​IMG]
  6. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Sweet Trucks Chessie!!!

Who makes that Ford CL9000?
  7. chessie4155

chessie4155 Active Member

Josh: Lindbeg makes them. I found this one on Ebay.. I put the cab on a ConCor chassis..
  8. Dave Harris

Dave Harris Member

How about a scale vehicle thread ?

Yes , some really NICE vehicles . Now for something completely different (Apoligies to Monty Python)
    How about some junky stuff? In S scale .

Attached Files:

9. Dave Harris

Dave Harris Member

Hah!! Thought in meant BAD junky --not Junkyard junky -- right?

Here are a few closer shots of some of them. They are mostly Hot Wheels Cars.
    The model A pick up was made from a sedan, like the red one next to the deuce roadster, the bed was made from pieces of a radio vacuum tube grid.
    The what I hope you recognize as a Cord is two VW front halves back to back ( Hot Wheels did not make a Cord then) the tan sedan is also made from a VW.
    The Ford convert was not a HW, one thing interesting about it is that it is obviously a fire victim , however the perfect " fire bluing" of the grill was an accident-- I had not figured out how to portray that effect, one day I had it in the car --on the dashboard-- to show it to a friend. When I got it to show him, the SUN had done the grill for me!! The burned out seats are more vacuum tube stuff. The heat warped hood was done with an overlay of aluminum foil . since my cutoff date for my modeling is about 1950 , I needed a reason for the new ford convert to be in a junkyard & I did not want it rolled up in a ball totaled, Soooooo the Local Ford dealer's showroom burned down!
    I have not bothered to display these for years, mostly because I got tired of non-Modelers supposing all it took to make them look this way was to beat them with a hammer!!

Attached Files:

10. COMBAT

COMBAT Member

When I was a boy, I liked playing in the dirt. Now that I am older I still do but not so much with hotwheels. One day my wife was digging in the garden and found an old matchbox that was left behind. It looked a little like what you have there. Not as good and took a lot longer but none the less the dirt over time aged it to perfection. Those are very nice and it makes me think of a really good place I could use something just like that. :thumb:
  11. Dave Harris

Dave Harris Member

Here are a few more --- if anyone wants a closer look at some of them , just holler.
    I plan on building --one day -- a S scale diorama of a junkyard, some where I have a small box full of parts for it -- a bunch of early Ford
    ( flathead type) transmissions, made from pop rivets mostly , some with full gearsets that actually turn. Also a bunch of Banjo type Ford differentials , & axle housings-- more pop rivets ( countersunk type --- you old guys that hot rodded can picture that --Right? )
    Engine blocks & all kinds of stuff to stack here & there in a muddy ,rutted , puddled with water, oil & grease stained yard with car carcasses all helter skelter about & an old refrigerator truck sitting , doors open ,stuffed full of drive shafts, some transmissions, a couple of dash boards, perhaps a fender or two. A tar paper shack or perhaps a rotting cabbose for an office.
    I recently bought 6 or 8 Yat Ming 1/64 pickup trucks of the 30's & 40's , a Studebaker truck, A Hudson pickup & others with the intent of adding to this motley crew -- BUT the DURN things are just SO NICE I can't screw myself up to take a Hamm--- er--er --- Dremel to 'Em!

Attached Files:

12. Dave Harris

Dave Harris Member

Some of the grime on these is a result of that same process --age -- sitting as long as they have the dust has coated them & I just leave it there -- easier than cleaning it off & then trying to "Paint it back on." :p
  13. hartz

hartz New Member

How did i miss these have not seen them boy are they koooool..
  14. COMBAT

COMBAT Member

15. hartz

hartz New Member

KOOL NEED TO MAKE IT LOOKED USED....announce1
  16. hartz

hartz New Member

How about some close ups i like that 49 ford....
  17. Dave Harris

Dave Harris Member

OK -- I had an E mail wanting to know where the motors came from & to see them close up also. The motors are scratched from mostly plastic. The big dents in the trunk of the Ford came from parts of the dealership roof falling on it, a piece of wood from that is inside the car. The ashes are from a cigarette.
    Here are a few close ups.

Attached Files:

18. Dave Harris

Dave Harris Member

In another thread I had mentioned using powdered tempra paint mixed with plaster of paris flicked onto a dampened surface with a tooth brush to make splattered mud. Here is how that looks. Tell me what you think of it.

Attached Files:

19. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Excellent work, Dave.:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

I've started picking up Matchbox Collectible rigs at yard sales. Their only real flaws are too much chrome on some and they track about a foot wider than they should. At $5 apiece they make a great mid layout vehicle...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  20. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Thanks Chessie!!

WOW Awesome Pics Dave!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sweet Trucks Shaygetz love the Texaco Tanker :thumb: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Havnt posted in this thread for a while now, here some pics i took today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]