How about a scale vehicle thread

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Catt, Oct 22, 2006.

1. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

Here's some from me... All 1:87

Attached Files:

2. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

There, thats better!:mrgreen:

Attached Files:

3. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

Wow, did I hurt some feelings? :mrgreen: Did I scare everyone away with that post?

Where has everone gone? Why am I all alone? Why has it been months since the last post that wasnt me? Am i the only one who still cares about this thread? Why am I asking so many questions?

There, thats sure to get a comment.

Heres my latest scale vehicle addition. But the scale,.....its 1:1.

Attached Files:

4. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

Man, I have plenty of Deere's need some variety!

Think my dad has this one hiding somewhere...
    00006.jpg

Oddly I don't have photo's of the four newer JD's, so this F1 car will stand in for now... sign1
    00175.JPG
  5. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

That is the question of life, the universe, and everything. The answer: 42

What's this "comment" of which you speak?sign1
    Dude, think of all the MRR stuff you could fit in the back! sign1Still, nice ride! Now all you need are chicks, mud wheels, a "Honk if you are a model railroader" bumper sticker, and a transformer sticker somewhere where all can see:mrgreen: ok, maybe not the sticker
  6. PRRman

PRRman Dum-Dum Pop Addict

No, no, definitely the sticker...but that may hinder the "chicks" factor...
  7. Catt

Catt Guest

Up until I started to build this truck i would see at least a half dozen or more every week.Since I've started it I have seen exactly one :confused:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Truck is 1:144th scale and the cab is diecast,drybox is scratchbuilt from styrene.Left to do ,detail painting , mudflaps,rearview mirrors,and of course lettering the box. Truck will be used on our 2TRAK layout where all the vehicles are 1:144th scale.
  8. Catt

Catt Guest

These two are long time ongoing projects that I have been messing with for about ten years off and on.

The blue one on the left is an Athearn KW that has been stretched/shortened then stretched again (for the last time) that has a candy blue paint job courtesy of a pair of Krylon rattlecans called "METALS".the truck has Herpa Chrome 10 hole wheels the sleeper is also Herpa as are the rear fenders.The interiour ,grille and bumper are/will be from a "Malibu" KW.

The red one on the right is a "Matchbox" Mack CH613 that is sceduled along with it's mate to get an Athearn 3 axle frame with A-Line 2 hole white wheels and tires.I just bought two Herpa Mack CH613's that are going to get the same wheel and tire treatment along with some "PLANO" brand etched detail parts.The paint on this truck and the other 3 Macks is from the same source as the KW in the above paragraph.

[​IMG]
  9. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Cool trucks Catt!! :thumb: :mrgreen:

Heres 2 trucks i just assembled right now, Athearn 20' P&O container chassis with axles set back and a Bowser 53' Schneider Nation Plate Trailer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. COMBAT

COMBAT Member

Very nice looking! :)
  11. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

12. Catt

Catt Guest

I just dropped $40.00 on A-Line and Plano goodies for the Matchbox Mack (red one in other post) and the two Herpa /ConCor Macks I just bought plus another one (or 2 ?) that I have.Also bought some goodies for a pair of ATLAS LN9000's that I have had forever.

It looks like the first 3 months of retirement (as of 6/30/08 ) won't be boring. :mrgreen:

I think the only difficult part will be drilling holes in the diecast truck bodies I have to mount the mirrors and other goodies.
  13. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

My scale work pics - Heavy Equipment Forums

If your interested, here is a thread I have going on on a different forum, this is part of what I should be doing for a career in a few years (gotta make money for trains somehow) and Ive got a lot of good advice, but theres still room for fun!
  14. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Nice work, Catt.:thumb:

My bashes lately have centered around those forlorn looking Life-Like pickup trucks...just waiting to add a few more details, mirrors, interiors, paint and such.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

NICE WORK Shaygetz! I want the blue one!. I want to pick one up and fit a plow on it.
  16. Catt

Catt Guest

Bob,here's my version of a Ford crewcab,did this about 10 years ago but lost the windows to it before I even finished it wall1.I plan to redo it once I am retired and the first thing will be the roof.

Never thought of shortening one but now you've got me thinking I need a few more of these to mess with :eek:

[​IMG]
  17. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

You mean like this?:mrgreen:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just letting the glue dry out before I paint it. It's just bits and pieces from my scrap box. Got a little carried away and put clearance staffs on the outside in brass wire. My LPBs'll feel like their cars won't get dinged up by some yahoo this winter now.

Thank you Catt for allowing me to feel like I had an original modeling idea until 6/6/08 @ 11:26pm.:mrgreen: Really thought I was on to something here...sigh... Nice work :thumb:
  18. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

WOW! Can i have some more info on how you made the plow?
  19. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Thank you for the kind words. It really is just cobbled bits and pieces from my scrap box. The blade is hand curled styrene reinforced with a bit of T channel. I added a scraper blade of the same styrene about 1/16" wide. The hitch is a porch post from an N scale house. The lift is half a window frame, a sawhorse leg, a piece of 1/16" square styrene and two headlights made from rounded pieces of casting sprue. The clearance staffs are bits of bent brass wire.

I'll take a couple pictures so you can see how it went together.
  20. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Mailbu Volvo.
    Picked up at Wally World for $3.00.
    Is gonna get a make-over..........

Attached Files: