How about a scale vehicle thread

COMBAT

What scale are these? I know HO but how big are they really. Like Matchbox or?

Thanks!

BTW, they look great! :)

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Josh is right. They are HO scale(1/87). Matchbox are a little bigger at 1/64th scale. In fact,here's a comaprison of scales. Sorry, there NASCAR, but you get the pic.

Dale Jr's car is HO(1/87) next is 1/64th(or Matchbox), 1/24th, and 1/18th

Attachments

• 000_0014.jpg
    000_0014.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 8

Kevinkrey

WOW, long time no see everybody!
No posts in a long time but I have had many questions answerd here and I will try again. I want to build a 5 axle dump truck (one steer, two rear, two hydraulicly operated drop axles). I want to base it on a Peterbilt 357, does anybody have an idea for a base model? I can do the dumper work and try the framework. I hope some of ya'all will come back and check this page! I can post a picture if need be.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Ten days and no one's answered????
Had to go look up what a Peterbuilt 357 looked like.
You could try Con-Cor, Lone Star for good place to get the basics needed.
Good luck and can't wait to see the results.

Kevinkrey

hey eightyeightfan1, I thought this thread had been long forgotten, but glad to see I was wrong:thumb:. I took another go at the MOW vehicle I asked about a few pages ago, and Ihad better results. It is all done and for the first big vehicle project of mine. I also reworked a boley fire truck to match a saint fire truck. I will try to post some pics soon. But enough about me, what has everybody else done lately?

Damn Hook

Yeah I agree.. What is everyone up to? Any new things to show off? I know you guys have something cool to show us. :thumb:

CNWman

CNW Fan
Gotta remember to post pics of my 1:64 Hot Wheels collection... BTW, do auto-scenes from Wodland Scenics count here?

jbaakko

Anyone like Johnny Lightning? There's a seller on eBay selling some pre-production (supposedly) all red (no company logos) box vans. $5 for two, and they're suitable for HO. I just bought 2 myself, considering buying 2 more.

CNWman

CNW Fan
Ok, this might be large!

Since this is a vehicle thread on a train fourum, I thought I should put one of my favorite hot wheels up here: Rail Rodder!
Picture_0232.JPG

even has a boiler...
Picture_0233.JPG

Also, my 1:32 scale Jeep Wrangler with full articulation (minus actual steering), and a secret...
Picture_0236.JPG

Picture_0235.JPG

And finaly, for our resident race fan...
Picture_0231.JPG

(note: some of the cars here are not actualy replicas of real racecars:p)

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Cool collection....
Lets see everybody's collections.
Here's some of mine.

Shelf group #1
Top three shelves are all 1/18th.
Bottom shelf is a mixture of HO, 1/64th, 1/24th, and 1/32nd scales.

Attachments

• diecast1.jpg
    diecast1.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 6

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Shelf group #2
Top two shelves 1/18th scale
Bottom shelf, 1/24th Mostly Dale Jarrett, three Bobby LaBonte(Better-Half's driver), and one Tony Stewart(#8 Three Doors Down) Next to that HO NASCAR.
On the computer, 1/24th Dale Jarrett 1999 Championship car, and basically the history of DJ in 1/64th scale.

Attachments

• diecast2.jpg
    diecast2.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 5

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Window frame #1
1/64th including the last IROC car Dale Earnhardt Sr. drove and his "Peter Max" car.

Attachments

• diecast4.jpg
    diecast4.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 4

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Window group#2 (Gotta clean the blinds one of these days)
All 1/64th. And Yes...the "Wonder Bread" is Ricky Bobby's.
Just a note. I was to display all the NASCAR diecast I have stored in tubs in the basement, I could just about fill my driveway. I have over 700 pcs in all the scales.

Attachments

• diecast3.jpg
    diecast3.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 4
C

Catt

N? scale fire engines,or at least close enough for me.I am looking for some more to 'bash into other styles of fire fighting apparatis.

fire1.jpg

Never noticed tis after the first time that I posted this pic that the frame had dropped down on the lower engine. :eek:

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Yep, you guessed it. I love Cobras. I've been collecting them since high school and one of these days, the dream is to actually get me a full size replica!
COBRAS_1.JPG

COBRAS_3.JPG

COBRAS_4.JPG

KYOSHO_2.JPG

jbaakko

N? scale fire engines,or at least close enough for me.I am looking for some more to 'bash into other styles of fire fighting apparatis.

fire1.jpg

Never noticed tis after the first time that I posted this pic that the frame had dropped down on the lower engine. :eek:
N? I have a truck that was made by Matchbox some years back that looks like It could be CLOSE to N.

Attachments

• DSC02594.jpg
    DSC02594.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 6