How about a scale vehicle thread

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Catt, Oct 22, 2006.

1. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Combat, like I said in your thread, AWESOME job man, I gotta get me one of those transfer buildings, 16 docks :-D :-D

I have yet to start buying trucks in N scale mostly because I am doing my steel mill in N scale and thats it for now. I do want to also do a large warehouse building (make my own using the NU-LINE Structures kits) so I will need some trucks for that :yep::-D I plan on getting some Delux-Innovations trailers, they are really really nice and also some of those continer chassis and prolly some containers to.

Those Atlas trailers dont look to bad either from your pic, I ll have to consider those to, I really want to get some Athearn trailers tho in N scale, there HO trailers are OUTSTOUNDING and there N trailers have to be good to.

The Athearn Roadway trailers are 28' pups, not 36' pups, and they have lots of companies, includeing the same ones as HO like USF, OVERNITE, Roadway and Roadway Express, Yellow Frieght..... and they have them just as double trailer sets or double trailer sets with the Mack cabs :-D
  2. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

3. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

This thread seems as good as any otherfor my question. I want a beavertail trailer and I know Custom Fnishing makes one but it doesnt look like the most impressive model. I woul like to see if any body has a pic of one, possibly after being detailed. My main dislike is the ramp setup. This is a very small picture but is what I am looking for.

[​IMG]
  4. COMBAT

COMBAT Member

5. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

Similar, but with a sloping ramp in the rear, with folding ramps that fold onto the trailer here is a picture of one with the ramps in the op position. [​IMG]
  6. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

[​IMG]

Here is a bad picture of one with the ramps down. The ramps fold up and are flush with the rest of the trailer deck.
  7. COMBAT

COMBAT Member

Ahhh. Never seen one from anyone. Sorry. :(
  8. chessie4155

chessie4155 Active Member

Here's a lil vid we did of a busy downtown Arthurville on our layout...
    [​IMG]
  9. COMBAT

COMBAT Member

LOL.... How long did that take?
  10. chessie4155

I think there is 48 pics in that one..it took longer to take the pics than it did to put the movie together...had a lot of fun making it though..
  11. COMBAT

COMBAT Member

That is something I would like to do. :)

Hey, do your crossing lights work?
  12. chessie4155

Yes they do but I had them turned off..didn't think to turn them on till after I had already did the videowall1
  13. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

I bought a pair of yellow crew cab International dump trucks for MOW use. I want a MOW body on one so I bought some styrene and am having way too much trouble.wall1 :confused: would anybody be willing to build one for me if I sent one of the trucks? I could email pics of what i want, I would be willing to pay.
  14. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Can you post a pic?
    Just to get an idea of what you're looking for.
  15. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

I am thinking of something like this, only my truck has a smaller body, so the tall cabinet directly behind the cab would be narrower and the whole thing would be shorter, I dont need a crane but I do want a set of HI-Rail whells on it. But just a basic MOW body that would look something like this. and how about a coat of paint to match my yellow truck? I like the large rear bumper that can serve as a work area like in the pic. I cant find many pics of Missabe
    MOW (I model the Missabe) so I'd be happy with any MOW style body.

[​IMG]
  16. eightyeightfan1

Looks easy enough. Though trying to match the yellow on the body of the truck is going to be hard, its better just to repaint the whole thing. This way you won't have mis-match paint job. Though some railroads, to save money, will remove the old utility body from an old truck(unless it is wrecked, or too far gone), and place it on a new chassis, giving a mis-match paint. This WOULD give your Hi-Rail charcter, and create a mini story in its self.
  17. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

I'd love to make the body, but I simply do not have the time.

Check out Custom Finishing, they have a body you might be able to use.
  18. chessie4155

19. eightyeightfan1

Three Wide.........

At the Desk Top 500.
    As you can see(from the first pic I posted at the begining of the thread), my HO scale NASCAR collection is growing(Still gonna incorparate them into the layout). I'm up to eighteen.

The second picture is me playing with the closeup feature.(Mmmmm, didn't know the camera let you know when it was in focus...It beeped)This is about two inches away.

Attached Files:

20. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member