Hoping for more ...

Mastiffdog

Sep 7, 2003
You guys went way off topic. The topic police would have cited you for this. We've already seen this scale fan stuff on the diesels.

So let's get back on topic. Here are a couple more controversial and perhaps confrontational questions:

1. What percentage of model railroaders are in fit condition, have cholesterol levels of 150 or less and blood sugar down under 100? Just gimme a guess, and let's see where everyone checks in, be honest!

2. You've been to many train shows, right? Is the standard bill of fare more delicious or more nutritious?

3. How many of you would prefer some pretzels and beer rather than an Iced Tea with Celery and Carrot sticks for a snack?

4. If any of you eat mixed nuts (or are nuts like me), do you prefer the roasted, salty, and oily kind from one of those blue vacuum cans? Or would you prefer the unsalted, raw kind of nuts.

5. When your alone working on the layout what do you have as a drink? Diet soda? Beer? Scotch on the Rocks? Mai Tai? Or just plain water?

Dog

Arlaghan

Sep 9, 2003
S. FL
1. Hmmm, at one point, before my wife finally moved in with me (immigrations paperwork stuff) I was living like a bachelor. My cholesterol shot up to like 280. I have since brought it down to a "healthy" level, so my eating habits "normalized" when she showed up. I could stand to lose 15 vanity pounds, but otherwise I think I'm doing OK.

2. I've only ever been to one show - a GATS... I didn't stick around to eat there... but I would say it was rather unhealthy (hot dogs and such)

3. While I don't like Beer (*duck and cover!*) I'm not a fan of celery either. In fact, in my book celery's only use is for scooping bleu cheese on my hot wings!

4. Dry roasted Cashews! Yum. Actually, I did my groceries tonight, and I passed them up entirely. Hmmm. Moderation my friends. ;)

5. How about Gatorade? I also have the secret pleasure of chocolate milk (But I go for 1% lowfat) otherwise it's a diet soda for me.

I, too, wonder how others will fare on this little inquiry! :D

Jun 30, 2003
Raleigh, NC
Visit site
Originally posted by Mastiffdog
You guys went way off topic. The topic police would have cited you for this. We've already seen this scale fan stuff on the diesels.

So let's get back on topic. Here are a couple more controversial and perhaps confrontational questions:

1. What percentage of model railroaders are in fit condition, have cholesterol levels of 150 or less and blood sugar down under 100? Just gimme a guess, and let's see where everyone checks in, be honest!

Well, I'm not 'fit' -- but I have a Cholesterol level of 125, and perfectly normal blood sugar.

2. You've been to many train shows, right? Is the standard bill of fare more delicious or more nutritious?

I don't eat at train shows.

3. How many of you would prefer some pretzels and beer rather than an Iced Tea with Celery and Carrot sticks for a snack?

Well, the celery is kinda bland, but I'll take the Carrot sticks and Broccoli! Pass the ranch dressing!

4. If any of you eat mixed nuts (or are nuts like me), do you prefer the roasted, salty, and oily kind from one of those blue vacuum cans? Or would you prefer the unsalted, raw kind of nuts.

I'm a Squirrel. I'll eat nuts any way you want to fix em!

5. When your alone working on the layout what do you have as a drink? Diet soda? Beer? Scotch on the Rocks? Mai Tai? Or just plain water?

It varies, but generic root beer, Apple juice, and cran-grape are pretty common.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmmm,My doctor tells me I am a walking dead man.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is a train show without a hot dog,piece of apple pie and a cup of coffee??? Its the American thing to do!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nasty stuff! Don't and won't touch it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
None of that nasty junk..Coffee! :D I save my Diet Pepsi for when I am in he chat room or looking over the forums.
Val said:
Oh please no! Didn't they already beat that to death on the Atlas forum?
Val,Add about 7 or 8 other forums and you will be correct..LOL! Never seen anything like that blow up since the last one over fuel tanks on the Atlas SD35 a close 2nd would be the one on the Genesis Trinity covered hopper...LOL! :D

But I freely admit the "Fan Wars" on the Atlas forum was the worst.:eek: :( I never saw so many locked topics over one subject.... :eek: :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And finally:You guys went way off topic. The topic police would have cited you for this. We've already seen this scale fan stuff on the diesels.
So,That is what all of those black choppers is doing flying over my house and those men in black peeking around my house..I thought it was the mod squad coming to get me. :D

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Original question #1 is hard for loggers to relate too. So, for the loggers, I suggest considering the question, 'cept he comes in dressed like this.

I 'spect the reaction will be determined by what's the that purple keg, and how willin' he is to share :D :D :D

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 86

Mastiffdog

Sep 7, 2003
JonMonon:

LOL, you're the best! Thanks for having a great sense of humor. It's fun reading the replies.

I promise to start another fun thread soon - standby!

Dog

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
1. Let's just say that, at 6'2" 265 lbs., I'm not a hungry model railroader.

2. Can you believe at the last show I went to, a well meaning host served BBQ wings. Just the thing to have on your hands rerailing an articulated.

3. A Moon Pie and an icy cold milk, thank you very much.

4. I love nuts two ways, in a strait jacket or dry roasted, whichever fits the situation at hand.

5. Dr. Thunder, icy cold, especially after a run in with a soldering iron.

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
You Got Questions?...I Got Answers!!

1. Levels? Mine are ZERO!!!....Bet y'all didn't know that my postings come from "the other side":D

2. Food at trainshows?...Who wants that nasty overpriced crap?! After the show we usually head on down the road to Bubba's Greasy Bar-B-Que and "root" with the "hawgs" for awhile:D

3. Pretzels, Beer, Carrot Sticks and Celery?...Well maybe on the P&B but the rabbit food....Yeeeech!!!...Even ol' Buggs Bunny stops at Burger King evey now and then!:D

4. If you ain't from the South you don't know how to make iced tea...so don't even try!!:D Coffee is the preffered liquid here!!

5. Nuts?...Are there any other kind other than BOILED PEANUTS?:D

6. Special For Brakie....Oh Thank Gawd!!!...No one believed me about the the black choppers, the strange colored lights out in the back yard and the little grey guys with big eyes!!!:D :D :D:eek:

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Boil You Up A Mess Of These

At the request of my many fans:p ....here it is:

GEORGIA BOILED PEANUTS

Peanuts
Water
Salt
Wash peanuts thoroughly in cool water; soak in clean cool water for about 30 minutes before cooking. Put peanuts in saucepan and cover completely with water. Add 1 tablespoon salt for each pint of peanuts. Boil the peanuts for about 35 minutes; taste. Add more salt, if necessary.

Texture of peanuts when fully cooked should be similar to that of cooked dry peas or beans. Taste again in 10 minutes, both for salt content and texture. If not ready, continue tasting every 5 minutes until they have satisfactory texture. Drain peanuts after cooking or they will continue to absorb salt. They will keep in the refrigerator for several days or they may be frozen.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Re: Boil You Up A Mess Of These

Originally posted by Vic
At the request of my many fans:p ....here it is:

GEORGIA BOILED PEANUTS

Peanuts
Water
Salt
Wash peanuts thoroughly in cool water; soak in clean cool water for about 30 minutes before cooking. Put peanuts in saucepan and cover completely with water. Add 1 tablespoon salt for each pint of peanuts. Boil the peanuts for about 35 minutes; taste. Add more salt, if necessary.

Texture of peanuts when fully cooked should be similar to that of cooked dry peas or beans. Taste again in 10 minutes, both for salt content and texture. If not ready, continue tasting every 5 minutes until they have satisfactory texture. Drain peanuts after cooking or they will continue to absorb salt. They will keep in the refrigerator for several days or they may be frozen.

WHAT!!!! No Tabasco?:eek: :rolleyes: Must the Yankee recipe:p

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Sounds like a health food nut rather than a train nut.
And I think I am a fit model railroader.

Now if you'll excuse me...I'd like to finish my Big Mac, before my beer gets warm and my cigarette goes out!

( 1 ) That's me! Just kidding, I'm too thin for overalls anyway. I usually figure people dressed like that are a little out of gauge.

( 2 ) I'm not really a detail hound, so I don't buy any expensive freight cars. I just don't have room for anymore, and I'm happy with my old Athearns, Roundhouse, AHM's etc...

( 3 ) People like that don't bother me. I know what I want. If they tell me I'm buying junk I just smile and say " I know"