Honeycomb?

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by goney3, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Izzat how that works...and all this time I've had this image of worker bees (in overalls of course) working with protracters and files...
  2. charliec

charliec Active Member

In the early days of cars radiator cores were made by taking a bunch of short lengths of copper tubing and stretching the tube ends to a hexagonal section - the resulting hex ends were then soldered together to make the radiator core.

Might be an easy way to make a paper honeycomb.

Regards,

Charlie
  3. charliec

charliec Active Member

In the early days of cars radiator cores were made by taking a bunch of short lengths of copper tubing and stretching the tube ends to a hexagonal section - the resulting hex ends were then soldered together to make the radiator core.

Might be an easy way to make a paper honeycomb.

Regards,

Charlie
  4. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

Bees Dying...

The best conjecture I've heard so far concerns nicotine-based insecticides that are sprayed in low enough concentrations that aren't deadly to the bees outright but eventually make them lose their memory so they can't remember where the hive is.:sad:

Einstein once stated basically (I'm obviously paraphrasing here) that if the honeybees ever died, we'd be up ca ca creek without a paddle...:-o

Terry
  5. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

Bees Dying...

The best conjecture I've heard so far concerns nicotine-based insecticides that are sprayed in low enough concentrations that aren't deadly to the bees outright but eventually make them lose their memory so they can't remember where the hive is.:sad:

Einstein once stated basically (I'm obviously paraphrasing here) that if the honeybees ever died, we'd be up ca ca creek without a paddle...:-o

Terry
  6. goney3

goney3 Member

Charlie, that sounds fascinating!, do you have a link so I can see what that looks like? :)
    Many thanks!
  7. goney3

goney3 Member

Charlie, that sounds fascinating!, do you have a link so I can see what that looks like? :)
    Many thanks!
  8. Kaz

Kaz Member

9. Kaz

Kaz Member

10. charliec

charliec Active Member

I originally saw it on Oz TV years ago. I've never run across a description on the Web. There are advantages of a garbage heap memory - occaisonally it retains something useful.

Regards,

Charlie
  11. charliec

charliec Active Member

I originally saw it on Oz TV years ago. I've never run across a description on the Web. There are advantages of a garbage heap memory - occaisonally it retains something useful.

Regards,

Charlie
  12. goney3

goney3 Member

Okay, so I started construction on this finally ... using 8 sheets of paper (the largest amount that would fit on my cutting board). This gave me 32 equal sized strips to work with. I then folded those strips in halves (8 sections). I'll post all the pictures of the progress when I get a chance in the next few days. So far its turning out pretty neat. A lot larger than I anticipated :)
  13. goney3

goney3 Member

Okay, so I started construction on this finally ... using 8 sheets of paper (the largest amount that would fit on my cutting board). This gave me 32 equal sized strips to work with. I then folded those strips in halves (8 sections). I'll post all the pictures of the progress when I get a chance in the next few days. So far its turning out pretty neat. A lot larger than I anticipated :)