Honest, I'm sellin' 'em as fast as I can...

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by shaygetz, Mar 10, 2007.

1. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

With the demands of ministry taking more of my time, I've had to sell down a good bit of what I've accumulated for that "Big Layout" I had planned. Not to worry as I still plan on many more years in the hobby...just felt it necessary to pull the reins in a bit and focus on specific interests rather than get caught up in something that could consume way too much of my already pressed schedule. I'm building this cabinet for my N scale pike to have a dust free, ready to run at a moments notice home. Built to rest on book shelves and stand at about 40" off the ground, it features a place for the throttle and a drawer for my modeling projects. The layout measures 59" by 43" and sits on a full extension slide drawer. The stowaway projects drawer is 24" by 59", also on full extension slides.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

In doing so I get to focus more on things I enjoy, running, scratchbuilding and locomotives. In fact, my two newest arrived this week...

This Marklin 3022 E94 will carry trains at shows all around the area on a small portable layout that also serves as a testbed and holiday display. It will rest on top on the cabinets when finished. I bought it on Ebay as it was recommended to me for its durability...that it's sweet lookin' ugly is just a bonus.:thumb:

[​IMG]

This pristine Tyco GG1 is now part of my little "History of Model Trains" display as one of the best examples of how not to model a beloved locomotive that no GG1 fan should be without. I picked it up at a local flea market today.

[​IMG]

All in all the last three weeks have been a hoot on Ebay. I still have projects in the works for some "How-tos", I just won't be as actively modeling as I have in the past. I'll still be around The Gauge regularly as always.:thumb:
  3. Spawn of Chaos

Spawn of Chaos Member

Umm...Shay...this is the HO forum...we don't want to hear about your N-scale plans...

Haha just kidding. Nice stuff you got there, and too bad about having to sell all that stuff; do you have anything HO you plan on selling?
  4. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

That be OK...Ize doin' both, one on toppin 'nother.:thumb:

I actually will have two layouts, one HO, one N on that cabinet, as well as my 30" by 6' HO module. I've just dumped any future plans for a room filling HO layout. As for the HO stuff I'm selling, I've never liked advertising on forums but, check out Ebay, I'm easy to find.:thumb:
  5. Spawn of Chaos

Spawn of Chaos Member

Did you call yourself Shaygetz or something else?
  6. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Really great idea. From the looks of it you are also a skilled work worker, nery nice.

Rick
  7. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

I second that comment. That cabinet looks like it wil fit nicely in any room of the house. Great work! :thumb:

By the way, did anyone notice he said he's SCALING BACK to just N, HO and scratchbuilding loco's????? Wow! For me that would be scaling UP the hobby.... :D :D

Val
  8. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Thanks, Val, Rick, I appreciate the kind words....I am scaling back, honest :thumb: :D

And yes, it is shaygetz on Ebay, Spawn.
  9. trainman4

trainman4 Member

Very nice work on the cabinet.:thumb:
  10. green_elite_cab

green_elite_cab Keep It Moving!

lol, that GG1 always drives me nuts when i see it. them crazy trucks!
  11. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Thanks, Trainman.

I found it ironic that something I mocked at 17 when it first came out was so desirable to me 30 years later. I all but ran to the ATM and back to get it. Even then I was a budding rivet counter:rolleyes: Lotta fond memories...:thumb:
  12. green_elite_cab

I might have saved some of my oldies but most of them seem beyond my capabilities.
    I have an AHM C-liner i think i can save, but the trucks on that thing are kinda crazy if you've seen them. the motor points straight down into the truck.

i also have a Tyco bicentennial C430, but its missing a sideframe, handrails, and whatever the couplers were attached to. I also lost that weird wax paper-like window glass. It kinda ran, and worked alittle better after i cleaned the wheels, but it stopped after about 2 seconds.

the oen i feel worst about is my Mehano SD40-2 that i just nuked when i was trying out my airbrush. I probably could clean it off, but yeah.... that thing is done for now.

I get all these old trains from my uncle at yard sales. good thing i'm a pack rat! i'll probably still have all this stuff when i'm 85 years old.

my metroliners are going down to, lol. i need a new motor for them!
  13. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

I have two of the N scale Atlas C-Liners that are much the same---a nasty mech that is a bear to repair.

My HO Tyco C430 is in very good shape. It is an early one with the metal handrails and, after a good clean and lube, did two laps around my loop and stopped dead...sigh...:rolleyes:

Here is the Holy Grail of Tyco GG1s and one of the few listing where the word "rare" is properly used >>> http://cgi.ebay.com/TYCO-MOST-RARE-...ryZ19140QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It is pretty but there ain't no way I'm forking over that kind of coin for a Tyco.:thumb:
  14. green_elite_cab

shoot me now because i just saw one of these and passed it up. only $33.
  15. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

That, my friend, was a deal...:thumb: They only put them out two years. All the rest were issued for 9, mine has the added plus of an original '77-78 box in very good condition.
  16. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

It's now preassembled for final adjustments...

Front...

[​IMG]

Opened to reveal the two drawers...

[​IMG]

This is the layout drawer...

[​IMG]

...and the project drawer...

[​IMG]

...and finally, the rear access area.

[​IMG]
  17. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

Man that is one heck of a train table!
  18. trainman4

trainman4 Member

Nice

Very nice work:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  19. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

Nice work!!! That train table looks like furniture!
  20. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Thanks guys, I'm hammerin' out the room for it now, I'll post pics once it's all together.