HOn30 0-6-0 teakettle steamer...

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Thanks Tyson, it's the only locomotive project I'll let my beloved refer to as "cute". Now its painted and heading to the Pastel Weathering Division of the B&MC shops.

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 131

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
In this shot you can just make out the gauges, throttle and brake lever. Honest, things are not as crooked on this thing in person as they appear to be in the photos.

Attachments

• p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 134

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Nice and dusty from her usual run as a quarry goat, "Lil' Sparky" awaits her next assignment running ballast for the shop area. The maintenance crew, looking at her size, are wondering whether to pull a train or make coffee with her. Weathering was done with chalks and drybrushing.

Attachments

• rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 161

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Originally posted by shaygetz
Honest, things are not as crooked on this thing in person as they appear to be in the photos.

Actually, they were. I found the boiler was touching the frame in a way that arched the body. A little corrective trimming got things right. Here's another shot overhead.

Attachments

• up.jpg
    up.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 123

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
This one was a blast to build. I've always wanted to build as small an operating locomotive as I could in HO and am patting myself on the back profusely as I type:p Thanks for all the comments. Now it's time to build some freight cars and at least one open air tour car...

Attachments

• rearbat.jpg
    rearbat.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 117

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Thanks, Robin, I especially appreciate it coming from a prolific builder like you. It is easily my best kitbash yet and I'm really pleased with how well it resembles the one that wowed me into the hobby all those years ago. My beloved wife thinks it's "cute" but my Cab-forward and Shay, having been bumped back a row in the display case, aren't impressed.