FreeNGSWside.jpg

Day 2:
toolboxside.jpg

toolboxtop.jpg

toolboxback3-4.jpg

toolboxfront3-4.jpg

Day 3:

TBA :D

But we have high hopes of some steps, rails, windows, and interior.

Will still have to accomplish sanding, filling, painting and who knows, maybe even a decal :D

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
TY guys!

That's a good question Ty, it's what the British calls HOn30. I think all of Europe calls it that too. Some folks call it HOn2 1/2, but that's jest too dangnabbed hard ta spell!

Shamus?

Luis?

RailRon?

Errol?

hmmmm? why the "e"???

:D :D :D

OK, take my meds, then back to work on the little critter.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Originally posted by Tyson Rayles
That's looking really neat Jon, but what does the "e" in HOe stand for?

"e" is an abreviation for the sound N scalers make when they see that another N scale loco has been savaged by an HOer...you know, "EEeeEeeeeEEEeeEeeeeeeeK!":eek:

Great going, Jon.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Jon,
Great looking critter that and very nice photos as well. Looks real nice work.

Shamus

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
That critter looks pretty, Jon. I also love the radius of that curve! Puts the high line of the Durango & Silverton to shame! :D :D :D

About that 'e': Shaygetz may have an emotional answer, but I have a less attractive one. In Continental Europe H0e is the same as H0n30". And the 'e' stands for the German word 'eng' which means narrow. So it's the German counterpart for the 'n' in H0n...

In fact we have/had quite a few of 750mm railroads (= 2 1/2 ft = 30") in Switzerland, Germany and Austria. Eggerbahn came out first with small industrial trains, then followed Liliput with beautiful and nicely running models of Swiss and Austrian prototypes - and they called it H0e, runnning on N scale track.

(The other European narrow gauge is 'meter gauge', called H0m of course. Many prototype lines are a) beautiful and b) very alive! Don't miss a ride on meter gauge trains in the Swiss alps whenever you come over here. [End of advertisement plug] ) :D

Ron

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
Thanks for the compliments folks, and for the info, Ron! I got rid of a rear window I really didn't like, and replaced them with a pair off the orignal N scale lokey. Also squared up the rear and added some details.

Day 3:

newrear-back-brt.jpg

newrear-back3-4brt.jpg

newrear-side-brt.jpg

Oh, and then there's Sparky, the one legged Engineer. He worked his way up the company ladder at RFLC, and finally became an engineer on their 44 tonner. Well, soon after poor old Sparky lost his leg in a terrible accident and they had to let him go. He knew he didn't have a leg to stand on since the EEOC would be around for another 30 years, much less the handy cap laws. So when he came along to the PKLC lookin' for work they almost laughed him outa the office, until they realized he was the only one who would fit in the newly acquired NG switcher. He sensed he had a leg up on PKLC and used it to his advantage in salary negotiations.

sparky.jpg

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
Well, due to my recent outage, and dedication to finishing up the blacksmith shop before Dad's B-day, day 3 never happened. I did get a chance to send her off to the paint shop though.

Here we see Sparky pulling her out of the Badger Crick Shops:
badgercrick.jpg

Driving into the bright sun in a terrible blizzard!

painted-front.jpg

OK, so it's just a white sheet of paper and camera flash reflecting off the fresh shiny paint.

painted-front3-4.jpg

painted-back3-4.jpg

painted-Lside.jpg

painted-rside.jpg

When I can get back to modlin' I still need rails, wetherin' and fadin' paint. Probably add some details too.