HobbyLand Comes Through

msh

Jul 2, 2002
Charlotte, NC
www.moctezuma-us.com
As a tryout I recently placed and order with http://www.hobbylandinc.com and it arrived a few days later with some discrepancies in both price and product. :(

After writing them about my problems, Doug responded with a commitment to not only credit my card, but to also send the missing items at no cost to me. :D

That's a rare response - the customer is #1. With that attitude they will certainly have more of my business in the future!

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
You know, I think these online forums have gone a long way to helping customer service in the mail order business.

A few years ago you could s--- a customer over, and he might tell a few of his friends, but that would be about it. Now, it's instant news across North America thanks to these forums. Mail order places don't dare mess with customer satisfaction, and go to far greater lengths to please their customers than they used to.

Heck, we frequently see people ordering from a new mail order place for the first time ask for opinions before they place their order. And they'll get plenty of feedback, good and bad.

I can think of a recent thread on the Atlas forums about a certain biz, and I'd be curious to see if their sales didn't fall significantly afterwards. I know I haven't ordered from them since (although they're currently shipping my two Hooker tank cars that were on reserve, or so they say).

At any rate, LONG LIVE THE GAUGE !!!!