Hobby Shops in Kitchener-Waterloo?

RobertInOntario

Mar 22, 2006
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'm planning to go to Kitchener-Waterloo this weekend and was wondering if anyone can recommend any LHS's there? In particular, I'm interested in ones that might sell British (Hornby, Bachmann) products. Thanks! Rob

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Robert: I think the quick answer is no. K/W doesn't seem to be able to keep train shops and a couple of old favourites closed in the last few years. There's one in Kitchener with a promising name (that I can't remember), but it's mixed hobbies and I don't remember any British.
There's apparently a stall at the St Jacobs or Waterloo farmer's market that's mostly cars but has some train suitable stuff.

RobertInOntario

Mar 22, 2006
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Thanks, David. Apparently, there's one called "Paul's Hobbies" and another called "Grand River Hobbies," or something to that effect. I just did a Google search. Do these ring any bells? Thanks again, Rob

galt904

Jan 17, 2005
Beachville ON
I thought there was one in the Conestoga mall? I've never been to any in the k-w area. I think there might be one in north Cambridge too, or maybe it's 2beintrains in Fergus I'm thinking of....

RobertInOntario

Mar 22, 2006
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
galt904 said:
I thought there was one in the Conestoga mall? I've never been to any in the k-w area. I think there might be one in north Cambridge too, or maybe it's 2beintrains in Fergus I'm thinking of....

Thanks. When I was searching the web, 2beintrains did show up. Maybe I'll search for that one again. Rob

train1

Jan 19, 2005
ontario
2B is in Fergus. The closest true Trainshop to Cambridge & KW would be the one at the Brantford Train Station in Brantford. It's only open on the weekend 12 - 5 and Thurs/Friday 5 -9. My hometown of Paris also has a hobby shop - mostly RC cars/planes and limited non specialty RR stuff. Open Tuesday to Saturday only.
Both are south of where you are going to be.
However If you feel adventurous - the Ancaster Flea Market is this Sunday at the Ancaster Fairgrounds (off the 403 near Hamilton). It's always a good show for things - always full of treasure.

RobertInOntario

Mar 22, 2006
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
train1 said:
2B is in Fergus. The closest true Trainshop to Cambridge & KW would be the one at the Brantford Train Station in Brantford. It's only open on the weekend 12 - 5 and Thurs/Friday 5 -9. My hometown of Paris also has a hobby shop - mostly RC cars/planes and limited non specialty RR stuff. Open Tuesday to Saturday only.
Both are south of where you are going to be.
However If you feel adventurous - the Ancaster Flea Market is this Sunday at the Ancaster Fairgrounds (off the 403 near Hamilton). It's always a good show for things - always full of treasure.

Thanks, but they're a little too far from K-W for this trip (I probably wouldn't have time). But I could still keep them in mind for the future. Rob

train1

Jan 19, 2005
ontario
RobertInOntario said:
Thanks, but they're a little too far from K-W for this trip (I probably wouldn't have time). But I could still keep them in mind for the future. Rob

I should have mentioned that the Ancaster Flea market is ALL model train and proto stuff

RobertInOntario

Mar 22, 2006
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Mike14xx said:
Your welcome. Their service is not that bad. I have used them to get hornby. It was also well packaged.

Thanks, again. Are you implying that while their service is not bad, it's not great either? Just curious! BTW, I think they moved locations in recent months and that slowed down their delivery times. Thanks, Rob