HO Track id

huttojb

Nov 27, 2006
but when the point is switched what is the electrical connection from the start of the track to the end?

huttojb

Nov 27, 2006
Managed to upload a pic.

is A connected to B???

Attachments

• 1150973828326_120706_POINTS_RH_2.GIF
    1150973828326_120706_POINTS_RH_2.GIF
    34 KB · Views: 29

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
LoudMusic said:
A is connected to the B going left, but not the B going down.

Ummm, that would be your other left...! ;) Are we getting back to which side of the road we're driving on...? :D sign1

As far as continuous power to the whole layout - - -

On non-power routing turnouts, A will be electrically continuous with B going to the right, but not "down" (the diverging route), regardless of which way the points are thrown. Power is fed through the turnout all the time.

A power routing turnout will turn "off" the power to the route that is not selected.

Andrew

PS - The prototype does call them turnouts, according to my circa 1930 Canadian National Railway MOW handbook.

PPS - When I last drove in the UK (2003), I found I was continually mixing up my left and right. I attribute this to the fact that the driver (from my point of view) normally sits on the left. So any turn to the driver's side is a left turn. If course it's the exact opposite in the UK, leading me miles off course at times...! hamr

LoudMusic

Jul 21, 2006
MasonJar said:
Ummm, that would be your other left...! ;) Are we getting back to which side of the road we're driving on...? :D sign1

HA HA HA. Ok, I'm going to claim that I was referring to the left direction of the turnout. Yeah, that'll work ;)