HO signaling

Nick8564

Im am gonig ahead and wiring my layout for block detectors and signaling. I have a digitrax system, but not yet gotten the money to buy the detector cards and signaling cards. But I was wondering if anyone could tell me of a book or magazine or someone on here that could give me some info on where to put the signals, and what kind of signal to use where (mostly Norfolk Southern if that makes a difference). And is there any brand that will work best with digitrax when I get that far? Thanks.
Nick

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Norfolk Southern is made up of all sorts of railroads. is there a specific part of the system you are modeling? anything from PRR, Conrail, Southern, Norfolk & western, (virginia?) and a few others are acceptable. if you like PRR then you can use those signals because NS got PRR trackage in the conrail merger.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
yes, where every there is a blcok on your layout you need a signal. hopefully you have your layout divided into blocks. that will tell you where its appropriate to put a signal. if you hvae a switch going into another block, you need another signal.

Ralph's link is the best site i've ever seen.