HO sectional track

wskinn

I have an interesting dilemma. I have been in the hobby for decades and have accumulated the experience that goes with that, but now find myself having to buy sectional track for a 34 year old woman. I haven't used this stuff in twenty five years. Does anyone have any advice on the durability of the different makes of snap together sectional track out there now? I am considering Atlas, Bachman, Kato and Life like.

shaygetz

The Bachmann and Kato systems are great for beginners with their secure locking features and realistic roadbed. Pick one though because the only drawback is that they are not compatable. I highly recommend them.

belg

I myself am using Kato on my first layout and have found it very durable and simple to use. The big drawback is price and depending on where you live, availability.It's compatabiliy with other track though is not quite true if you want to mix some regular atlas track with it for siding which I've done all you need to do is buy a transition piece.If you're going to help your friend you can save a few dollars here and there by at least omitting the starter feeder pieces and all the turnout extension wires and just make them yourself. Hope it helps

wskinn

I am finding the bachman EZ track tends to develope stress cracks and breaks in the loops that lock the pieces together. Any comments?

CSX6638

I have been using Bachmann HO EZ-Track for years without any problems, if you go with Bachmann buy the nickel-silver track with the gray roadbed not the steel alloy track with black roadbed a few dollars more but well worth it.