HO scale scratch built river tug....completed model photos

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by slagpot, Oct 24, 2006.

1. slagpot

slagpot Member

Hello all,

This tug has been a complete pain in the buttocks from the get go. It is done....no more headaches from this scratch build. It turned out ok for being my first ever boat and I saved a bunch of money by not having to buy the CMR's river tug that I've been drooling over. I'll still buy CMR's tug but only if no bills are due and I have $85.00 buck laying around.

BTW....I named my tug after Betty page, a pin up model from the 50's. My wife thinks I need my head checked for doing so. I asked her....Have you ever seen Betty page ? Her reply was yup in pictures, I rest my case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you folks enjoy the fruits of my labor.....would have been esier to buy the CMR's tug instead of scratching this one.

Patrick
    Beaufort,SC
    Dragon River Steel Corp {DRSC}
  2. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Great job:thumb: Modeler's Tip #2---Always name the first model boat after your beloved, makes for better layout space, motive power and budget negotiations in the future. Comes right after Modeler's Rule #1---Always start layout space, motive power and budget requirements with flowers, dinner and a chick flick.
  3. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Nice job on that tug boat...I'm sure it would have been easier to build the CMR tug, but there's only ONE like the one you built...!!!
    I agree with Shays' rules, but my old man had one better...Buy YOUR toys and GIVE them to the wife...Of course they see through that, but they like it nonetheless...!!!:thumb: