HO Scale Intermodal Crane

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Wow! That's pretty amazing! Nicknero already knows he's having a Merry Christmas! :)

COMBAT

My Hobby store guy got to play with this thing in person. He said it was truly amazing. Its a little noisy but maybe its supposed to be. He said it works just like in the videos. He also said he would get one but he models in N so he cant use it.

I would love some pictures of it when you get yours. I might step up to the plate and get one myself if you tell me its worth it. :)

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
I saw it at the National train show, the walthers guy there though wouldn't let us play with it. I think it was because he was having to much fun.

COMBAT

So, what did you think of it when you saw it? Is it worth the cash? Did it work as good as the video shows? Were the lights on it correct?

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
It worked, but it was to bright to see the lights. I didn't even notice the lights until i saw the video. operationally, all you need is a magnet in your containers. thats how it all works. I'm sure they will give detailed instructions. that and practice. It runs pretty smooth.

nicknero

Ill post pix in fact Im holding off on building my switch yard so I can build it in I got the expansion plates for it and everything I had a choice this or my precision craft Daylighter with tsunami well the daylighter is held off till march and my birthday is febuary so I get both :thumb: this was the onlything I wanted on my list other than a drill

jbaakko

I love it, I would love to get one, but I have two reasons not to:

1. Lack of a prototype for my layout modeling choice
2. Price...

LoudMusic

Hmm, magnets. I was wondering how they got it to pick up the boxes so easily :)

Very VERY cool piece of kit. I'd love to build a full scale container exchange facility with boats, trains, and trucks. It would give a whole new dimension to model railroading.

Ah yes, it's the new container crane from Heljan. It's a bit blinkin' pricey for me. Still, at least for the projected container terminal on my layout, a Kalmar Contchamp from Kibri won't drain my bank balance - or take up as much space for that matter!

COMBAT

LOL, I thought of that.... It would be tuff to do in ho scale. I dont know if there would be enough room in the lift...

COMBAT

nicknero said:
the moving truck thats in the container crane video is cool does anyone know where to get it

Well, I have searched and searched for you and I can not find exactly what they used, however you could use something like a modded slot car.

OR

Use a magnetic type item that runs under any thin area. Place a magnet on the under side of the item you want to pull around and that will do it too.

Sorry, I couldnt find anything to actually show this to you. :(