HO Scale Double Decker Full Room Layout

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
I finally got a chance to work on the trackplan again.

Here is the starting of the 2nd level:

10'_x_10'_Benchwork_-_Bottom_Level.jpg

Benchwork with helix and starting the mainline. Mainline branches off to both sides of layout for continuous running.

Mainline_-_Bottom_Level.jpg

This one shows the mainline for the 2nd level

Glacier_Gravel_Company.jpg

Here is the Glacier Gravel Company (http://walthers.com/exec/productinfo/933-3062) and open mine area. There is a conveyor that goes from the bottom of the mine to the top of the crushing house and another conveyor for the trucks to dump into from the top of the mine. There are 2 tracks that serve this mine. The dark brown lines are the mine cliff faces simulating the excavation of the mine walls.

Glacier_Gravel_Company_-_Chain-Link_Fence.jpg

This one just shows the chain-link fence and the large gate around infront of the mine area

New_River_Mining_Company.jpg

This shows the New River Mining Company (http://walthers.com/exec/productinfo/933-3017) and the Western Coal Flood Loader (http://walthers.com/exec/productinfo/933-3089) Mine. This was a bit hard to find an area for track to be laid to serve the mine but I had to start all the way on the opposite side of the layout. The siding leaves the mainline and starts to go down below the tabel and just above the staging area. There is a #4 switch that branches one track off to the coal loader and the other to the main building which later becomes 2 tracks. The faded brown represents undertable track and the darker brown track is were it becomes visable again

New_River_Mining_Company_-_Underground_Mine.jpg

The dark brown marks are the rough layout of were the underground mines would be if I decide to them.

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
wow,looks good so far,but i was wondering what kind of grade you would have with the brown track.it looks like its gonna be steep.but lots of industries for switching and mainline running.looks like you have really good balances.--josh

jasbourre

Wow someone has spent a lot of time in front of a computer planing planing (had to say it twice) their layout.
Good luck. Hope to see some progress pics.

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
its been a while truck lover,any progress?just wanted to see more of your great work.or is all your time taken up by the steel mill module?--josh

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
bigsteel said:
wow,looks good so far,but i was wondering what kind of grade you would have with the brown track.it looks like its gonna be steep.but lots of industries for switching and mainline running.looks like you have really good balances.--josh

Not sure on the grade yet but thanks otherwise :D :D :D I like industries, can ya tell sign1

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
jasbourre said:
Wow someone has spent a lot of time in front of a computer planing planing (had to say it twice) their layout.
Good luck. Hope to see some progress pics.

Thanks, taken lots of time and patients lol

bigsteel said:
its been a while truck lover,any progress?just wanted to see more of your great work.or is all your time taken up by the steel mill module?

Nope, I havn't done anymore on it but it isn't because of the steel mill module. I am getting 3rd planit trackplan software (tha one that is $120.00!!) so I am going to wait till I get it and re-do the whole plan in it. That way it will be 3D and look better plus all the curves, switches, buildings....are all ready made!!! So no more spending a half an hour on each thing, just click and set lol. I am getting 3rd planit for my b-day which is in July so it is a couple months yet so.... I'll keep ya guys posted. :thumb: :D