HO Scale Diesel Mechanic

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
I'm rebuilding the motors on a 44 tonner today. Go one running like a champ; the other is still apart. It's in worst shape than the first. Have to rebuild the bearing cap/brush assy., cuz it had a meltdown, the I thot I would be schmadrt and sand the little commuter. Well, it spun on the shaft and ripped the little wires off. I got 'em soldered back on. I immagine when this is over, I'll just sit and drool. Cause of death: over lubrication. Tell yer little plastic folk to go light on the grease...

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
What were you using to sand the poor little commuter ????
I use a Dremal with the fine wire thingy it do`s a good job
Bet you had lots of fun soldering the wires back:D :D :D
Been there done that did not like it.:p
Well I hope all is back together now and you have two motors running;)
I passed you message on to my little men
;) ;)

Cheers.
Chris.

PS Kleenex are on the way

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Punishment

I just signed a 4 day suspension without pay for those plastic people. Maybe that will teach them a lesson. Please banish them to the bottom of a drawer until Thurs. @ 7pm. Then they can come out and have Thanksgiving leftovers:D :p

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
:mad: :mad: :mad: This Means War :mad: :mad: :mad:

The second motor can't be salvaged. I have it runnin' with just one motor, like errol did on his 44T. The bearing holder just can't be salvaged to the point of reliability. Even with me out there don' the work. The little plastic mechanic said I should just replace both; then it hit me. If I throw more money at it, his life gets easier, and my proffits drop out. When I confronted him on this he got all huffy, started spouting about safety and unions. I fired him on the spot and he said he was going to see his lawyer. Well, I told him! I let him know that OSHA hasn't even beem invented yet, the EPA won't be coming on for 20 years, and the Mafia still runs the unions and John Ghady still a little kid, so he won't be getting locked up for a long, long time. Then I just smiled and polished my magnifying glass and said, "Sure was a shame how that old Gandy Dancer got found out on the sidewalk all melted like that" (evil laugh) :D :D :D

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
AAARGH!!! not another case of idiotic workers doing in the motors.
I thought only my crew did silly things like that. They should all be shipped to the funny farm and subjected to your magnifying glass Jon.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Jon - a word to the wise. You may be 87 times as big as those little workers of yours, but if they decide to get together.....

All I'm sayin' is don't fall asleep beside your layout!

Attachments

• p1.jpeg
    p1.jpeg
    33.4 KB · Views: 151

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Jon my good lad, sit down and take your MEDS, killing things off with a solder gun, whats it going to be next, chopping off little peoples legs to fit them into the 44 tonner.:D:D:rolleyes::D

Shamus
wink.gif

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Originally posted by shamus
whats it going to be next, chopping off little peoples legs to fit them into the 44 tonner.:D:D:rolleyes::D

Shamus

HeHeHe!:D Been there and done that:D :D Sometimes that's the only way I can get them inside of the Jordan vehicles:D :eek:

PennRailRoads

Apr 4, 2002
Pennsylvania
Jon, when all else fails proceed to smack thyself in the forehead! :D

In case your little people decide to go against you, you can always do it this way to stop them!

Attachments

• little ash.jpg
    little ash.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 121

thedowneaster

Brakeman
Apr 3, 2007
NH
1stclass.mylargescale.com
Keep an eye on the ebay...I picked up a couple 44 tonners for under $20 each. They were brand new with dcc on board from a very reputable supplier. Great runners...but a little noisy. At that price you may consider them disposable.