HO Scale 80's Mustang

stormfather

Feb 28, 2007
New York State
Since my hobbies include building a HO scale layout and working on my 1989 Mustang, I was pretty pumped when I saw this:

4423.1a.JPG

I know, the year's not right (the HO scale mustang looks like a 79 or an 82) but it's close enough! However, for the life of me, I can't find one for sale, in fact, I don't even know what company made it! I've scoured E-bay every night for weeks, but all I can find are 60's mustangs and 2005 mustangs. I've seen other pictures of them, in different colors. Could anyone point me in the right direction to track one (or more :twisted:) of these down? Simply knowing what company makes it would be a huge help!

Dayton

Jul 27, 2007
I've seen a bunch of 1/87 scale cars at .....are you ready for this? Wal-Mart. They had a bunch of that era muscle cars. They may have what your looking for.

rhtastro

Jul 27, 2007
Northern CA
Since you're now on the web, google "Walthers train catalog". Then type "Mustang" in the Walthers finder box. I think that they still do sell a lot of HO autos from that era. Bob

Dayton

Jul 27, 2007
The nice thing is that the Wal Mart prices are a couple of bucks compared to Walthers. Worth the trip and the price difference.

C

Catt

That Mustang was made by Herpa.It was first sold by Monogram as a "Mini Exact",then it went to Con Cor.It is no longer listed by Herpa so I am asuming that it is no longer made.

I have several of them ,they of course are not new ,but if you don't find one somewhere else (that one on Ebay looks like it might go for a fair price) PM me and we will see if we can work out a fair price. :mrgreen: