HMV Jubilee Harbour Diorama

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by Jim Krauzlis, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

I sort of missed this model kit offering...didn't order it in time, it turns out.
    If anyone out there is aware of any source to get this kit, please let me know.
    Thanks

Cheers!
    Jim
  2. Jim Krauzlis

Does anyone recall this model? A neat little diorama, in 1/200 scale, I believe, inclusive of a model of the steamer Swan.

If anyone has a lead on one that might still be available, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Cheers!
    Jim
  3. Jim Krauzlis

No, really...doesn't anyone know where one could get a copy of this model?:confused:

Hello? Is any body home?:wink:

Oh, well...guess it was never meant to be....:cry:

Cheers!
    Jim
  4. rickstef

rickstef Guest

all the regular sites I visit, don't have a listing for that model kit anymore

even moduni doesn't have it

Rick
  5. Jim Krauzlis

Thanks, Rick! Glad somebody was listening.:grin:

Yeah, I found the same...although there is a site in Holland, I believe, which I saw a listing, have sent an email inquiring about whether it's still available, but no reply as of yet. Must have been sold out fairly quickly; knew I should have bought it when I first saw it...a lesson to be learned here, I guess.

Anyway, thanks for replying, I appreciate your post.

Cheers!
    Jim
  6. cadwal

cadwal Member

Christopher listed it in todays Cutting Remarks so I guess he still has a few dioramas left.

http://www.marcle.co.uk

Edit: I have one myself, but I am not selling :grin:
  7. Jim Krauzlis

Thanks so much, cadwal...I just sent an email to Christopher, hopefully he has one left for me to buy...since you won't part with yours...:grin:

I appreciate the heads up!

Cheers!
    Jim
  8. Jim Krauzlis

Thanks again, cadwal...Christopher did, indeed, have it available!!:grin:

I am one happy camper, now!

Thanks so much for giving me that suggestion, it has worked out wonderfully!

Cheers!
    Jim
  9. Hugh

Hugh New Member

Jim, glad you got the diorama (as did I, when it first came out). There was an indication that there was an etched detailing set which included both the freighter and the cranes etc but which is not available from S&S, although they still stock an etched set for the ship only. Looks like a fascinating build
    which could make a cracking base for a variety of small models. Good luck!

Hugh
  10. cadwal

cadwal Member

That's great Jim, Christopher often seems to be a good source for items that are otherwise out of stock. And I always look forward to the next issue of "Cutting Remarks".

Hugh: I also remember reading about that detailing set. But I can't remember what happened after that. For all I know I might even have bought it :roll: Need to check that out ....

Edit: No I had not bought it, probably should get a memory upgrade instead :)
  11. Jim Krauzlis

Just wanted to drop a quick note to say I received the kit a week or so ago...didn't take but a few days to make it's way from Christopher...superb service!

And a beautifully done model! Great, crisp graphics, loads of vehicles in this diorama, going to be a lot of fun to work on when I start it. There is an apparent reference on the back cover to a photo etched detail kit, not sure who has it, but I'm just happy I was able to find and get the kit itself so I'm not pushing fate or my luck.:wink:

Thanks again, guys, I really appreciate all the suggestions and leads that helped me find this wonderful kit! And thanks to Christopher for such quick service...guess he understands how we are when we are waiting for a new kit and how impatient we sometimes get.:grin:

Cheers!
    Jim