HMS Victory, Shipyard, 1:96

Status
Not open for further replies.

outersketcher

Illustrator, Tinker
Apr 3, 2006
So Cal, USA
www.outersketcher.com
You know, you could gather up all the excellent info held within this thread, and publish it in a soft-bound book with a glossy cover. And you could title it " How to build an amazing model ship and give it to your grandfather to ensure yourself a choice spot in his will" : )

I enjoy reading about your thought process as you do this. Thanks.

David

papastumpy

Dec 20, 2008
Lowell, North Carolina
fuchsjos, you are a Master Builder and it was after reading your thread that I went back to paper models after a 30 year break since that first paper mess I made. You have motivated me to build again in this wonderful medium. I have a thread listed now of a 1:700 HMS Dreadnought which is serving as a primer to help me remember the techniques required to build. When will you post the next thread, I assume you are rigging. I intend to purchase this ship and the wonderful book you mentioned. Thank you for your sharing this work of art. Many tips through-out that would help any project.:wave:

papastumpy

Dec 20, 2008
Lowell, North Carolina
I have read thru this thread and also went to the site in Germany and followed along here as well. I have a question for you, at the beginning of the thread on the German Forum, you point out something to do with how to cut the card to not get a beveled half. I work installing flooring and know from my years of doing this type of work, that the way the blade is made it will cut a beveled edge in both pieces. This will result in your being able to see the seam when put together. However you have explained a method to avoid this. I believe as you illustrated, it has to do with how you hold the knife as you cut. Please re-explain in English if possible what you are doing with your cuts in card. Rick

maaaslo

Aug 25, 2005
i believe, that our beloved master holds this craft knife under certain angle. it must be the angle under which this blade has been sharpened. With this, you can avoid making gaps. i have tried this technique, with some success, but obviusly, i need a lot more exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.