HMS Savage build

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
savage details

Hi All

A couple of scrambling nets, drop control on centre depth charge rails and ships whaler.

The ships boats are relly well designed the duck boards hold the hull shape and the seats just drop into place.

Had an email on the Polish site from the designer he was worrying he had made it too complicated to build. I assured him it is not, it's just the wacky way I build things.

barry

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Savage bridge details

Started adding details to the bridge today quite fiddly but fun.

I could do with the magnifier I sent off for.

Unfortunately Savage got hit by a single raindrop out of a clear blue sky just in front of A gun, so I shall have glue on a thin overlay or say it's a realistic puddle. Luckily A gun is not glued down as you can see in the photo.

I was too late to take a photo of the latest bits they just disappear with flash.

Jim

There are no hidden ones tonight Jim mate!

barry

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
She sure is looking great, Barry!
I like the detail on the remote bridge, magnetic compass and a wheel, is it? That had to be fun to build! :lol:
I hate when drops of water hit a perfectly obvious place and leave a stain, don't you? What a pain. In my case, it was my own carelessness when using a brush to apply the PVA, and a lingering drop under the brush found its way to the model, again in a wide open area. :? Argh!
Great photos again, Barry!
Thanks for the update, Mate!!
Jim

cardfan

Jan 17, 2004
Alamo, CA
Just to avoid that problem, one of the reasons for building a complete new hull for Oregon, I have been spraying each sheet with matte finish and then a coat or two as construction continues. Funny, you wouldn't think that water should be such a pain with a ship... :D

Glen

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Funny you should mention the matte spray...
I did spray the hull pieces, etc., but somehow forgot to spray the cargo hatch covers...and of course it was one of those that was blessed with the drop of water! :lol:
Ain't life funny? :roll:
Jim

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Barry

I do love the bridge on this thing. I had a look at the drawings for the ship and it looks right to me.
A dam well designed model (and built of course :lol: )

Look forward to the rest.

Regards

Rob

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Emergency Steering position

Hi

Put the searchlights and couple of fuse boxes on the bridge and built most of the emergency steering position. I was feeling bloody minded so I cut out the spokes with my butcher knife, didn't come out to bad actually (photo is terrible but it shows up the wheel) added one of the aft carley float racks. I am useless at cutting small doubled parts so I painted the backs of the wheel and girders with white glue and cut them single.

barry

jrts

Mar 12, 2004
St Helehs, England
Hi Barry

Looks better with each new post.

The wheel looks fine to me, it must be so small and hard to cut even though she is a 1/200 model.

When you think for the size of the real thing they had a hell of a lot of gear on board!!!

Look forward to more tomorrow :lol:

Rgards

Rob

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Adriano

Thank you for joining the party so quick.

Welcome to yet another designer Adriano is the man behind Savage I look forward to your input.

Bary

barry

Jan 28, 2004
Brighton Uk
Savage bits

Hi

Not a lot done added aft carley floats and finished emergency steering position used thin paper for sides could do with a bit more glue in a couple of places.

barry