HMS Rodney - New to Forum

eibwarrior

Dec 17, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Hello all,

Been watching from the sidelines for several weeks. I really enjoy the postings and work on this forum. Thought I'd put my just recently finished first full hull model on here for your enjoyment.

It's HMS Rodney 1/300 scale by Maly Modelarz. I used Steve Nuttall's brass gun barrels, WEM etched brass handrails, and some styrene here and there.

Hope to post some more work soon.

See ya around the message board.

eibwarrior

modelincard

Jul 27, 2005
New York, USA
airlandrail.net
Welcome!
071.gif

:shock:I like the ship. You can certanly build better ships than I can! (Not that I've tried, but I'm terrible with small parts.)

eibwarrior

Dec 17, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Thanks!

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

Yeah, it's my first full hull. I did the DN HMS Dreadnought for a quick tutorial. I learned alot with it. And I learned alot with this model as well. I would do some things differently if I had it to do over again. I learned not to get too heavy handed with the super glue when gluing the brass etched handrails on. Notice the slight stain on the aft port side. Paper and brass are a tricky gluing combination for sure.

I'm working on JSC's HMS KGV right now for further eduction. I'd like to get another couple of "cheap" models thru my workshop before I tackle some of the more expensive ones that I've collected. GPM's Missouri for one and Model Card's USS Indianapolis for another.

Take it easy,

eibwarrior

eibwarrior

Dec 17, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Some more photos

I found some more images on my work computer that I had forgotten about. Shows the installation of the brass barrels (prior to painting). Thought you guys might find these interesting...