HMS "Prince of Wales"/GPM Nr 198

Scorpio

And to point once more the bow, nevertheless, from above around this typical form of theHull side in the area

Greeting
Christoph

Scorpio

All board walls and side armour plating has stuck and has painted with the protection UV. For the side armour plating I have unterstuck from the back a 1 mm cardboard. This had avoids come into being from "ribs" and very well the trunk stabilizes laterally.
Here a few photos of pasted already trunk.

barry

I will never manage to build a bow and stern like that looks like it's actually on the slipway.

gruss

barry

Scorpio

Hello friends,

Since yesterday I am with the anchor cables and all parts in the bow area busy. Thus the ready, but still (without rail) sees bow area of the ship. I have bought the anchor cables with Moduni. What to her this sees on the photo what is only in the construction curve was planned. Later, however, I will still add some parts (original pictures).

Greeting
Christoph

Scorpio

Hello friends,
I might ask You for help.
If somebody has original photos or drawings of deck constructions of the ship Prince of Wales. The details on the main deck interest me
What I have found in the Internet is not especially good.

With hope for your help
Christoph

Jim Krauzlis

I've run out of superlatives to try and descibe how your beautiful ship makes me feel whenever I view another update, Christoph! :D

I wish I could find the photos you are looking for, but I've got no leads...hopefully someone else more adept at on-line research can help.

Okay, picking up my jaw now, but I can't stop looking at these photos.... :shock:

Brilliant!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

More when you can!

Cheers!

Jim

Simon88

Hi Christoph,
Have you tried http://www.forcez-survivors.org.uk/
They may not have photos on the site, but if you contact them they will probably know the best web sites/books. The site is down this evening but it's normally OK.

Your models are inspirational and I am following your HMS Prince of Wales with interest because I am currently working on the GPM Bismarck. I started about the same time as you but I'm still on the Hull frame and struggling with a warp problem.

Keep it up!

Simon

Scorpio

Hello Simon88.
Hello Barry,
Hello Rob,
I thank you for the help them is really very important for me.
Now I know that on you one can count always.
With the best thanks
Christoph

Scorpio

Hello friends,

At the moment I am occupied with the small parts and I still search original pictures of PoW. My purpose is as loyal to original the ship as it only is to be copied possibly.
Here two photos of my work

Greeting
Christoph

tino

Hi Christoph,
What is the name of anchor cables in moduni.
Is Ankerkette?

Regards,
Diamantino Mateus

Jim Krauzlis

Extremely fine work there, Christoph! :D

I loved the effect of the open hatch up forward! :shock:

As always, very clean and precise work, my friend.

Hope you find the photos you seek.

Cheers!

Jim

Scorpio

Hello friends,

It farther goes with my baby.
Last night I have approx. 70 cover ventilating fans them every single one exists of 3 parts ready builtly and on the deck stuck on.
I also have these containers for the „plaster things „already ready.
Although all parts were identical I have, nevertheless, no boredom
In the contrast to build such a ship really does fun!
For the first time the “Detaillierung†is very good, very interesting camouflage pattern of the ship.
Secondly, very good treatment and passport exactness all parts (except a part 21j them must be still higher a little bit, but for it already gives correction, one can do them from Internet free of charge downloaden) the construction does that is pure ones amuse for every model farmer of the warships entranced finds.
Here a few photos of my model

Scorpio

Barbette B
Part 21j must be changed It is higher approx. 4 mms broader
How the original part from the construction Card.
I have all refinements on reason original pictures the colleague Rob and Barry have sent to me

Scorpio

And now thus the model sees.
I Building the ship a little bit differently like usually. First all deck - small parts then front constructions, afterwards the back, airplanes and in ends the rigging and rails.
Thus now the front constructions with the bridge are in it
Pictures and description Following.

Greeting
Christoph