HMS New Zealand

angevine

Dear All,

I am looking for a model of Battlecruiser HMS New Zealand from WW1. She was involved in the Battle of Jutland and received only 1 minor hit despite firing over 420 12" shells in the battle, which was more than any other ship in the battle.

I am mainly interested in this ship as my Fathers Uncle was a Gunner on her and I thought it would be a nice gift for him.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

regards,

Attachments

• HMNZS%20New%20Zealand%201.jpg
    HMNZS%20New%20Zealand%201.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 697

cygielski

Nice looking ship. I haven't heard of any models of her, but it would be great if someone designed one. Unfortunately the pickings in card models of WWI battlecruisers are pretty slim.

angevine

Thank you all for the responce.

CharlieC thank you for the link for the plans.

DN, i'm no designer! are these plans any good to you? if so, would be really pleased if you could assist with a model!!! let me know!

Thank you all again.

Regards,

angevine

Stand Back I'm Going in!!!

Dear all,

I have decided to re-open this thread as I would like the advice of all you designers.

I really want to build this ship. What software would you recomend to start designing and how do I start going about this very daunting task.

Never let it be said I do things by half... Im no designer but hey, you've got to start something new sometime right?

Any advice, threads etc etc more than welcome.

If someone wants to mentor me as well I would really appreciate it!

Regards,

New Zealand

I did a New Zealand. However, I did not get the hull right, so I will have to revisit the model someday. There is a roundish midsection that I did not depict in my model. I used drawing from the Burt British battleships of WWI book, which did not have hull lines.

Good luck on your project. I'm looking forward to your model progress pictures.

JHS

Here is where you can get a 1:250 scale plan of NZ's sister AUSTRALIA, Angevine. I am getting it to do a NZ and I'm getting their REPULSE plan because the Fantom REPULSE is missing four big air ducts by the aft HADT and they are not shown on any of the available English plans! I hope the Russians do better! I have been collecting info on the NZ for years---if I can be of help, let me know.

http://modelyard.narod.ru/english/draw/brit.htm

JHS

Here is where you can get a 1:250 scale plan of NZ's sister AUSTRALIA, Angevine. I am getting it to do a NZ and I'm getting their REPULSE plan because the Fantom REPULSE is missing four big air ducts by the aft HADT and they are not shown on any of the available English plans! I hope the Russians do better! I have been collecting info on the NZ for years---if I can be of help, let me know.

http://modelyard.narod.ru/english/draw/brit.htm